jimbo1's Traxxas UDR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next part to be fitted to the udr is a 34t pinion to add a little more top end on 4s. Will hopefully test this out tomorrow ?

I am really liking the design of this truck at the moment, so much thought and design has been put into it that you don’t fully appreciate it until you start taking it apart and working on it!

And it’s the little touches like the new grub screw that came with the new pinion, it already has a coating of locktite all ready for you ??
341D6006-761E-45E0-8317-69E9E479817A.jpeg
6D4C1B6C-D208-496B-84F7-89B2159F9A46.jpeg

Ps I will be sorting out a phone mount for my transmitter soon, so I can hopefully get some footage of the udr in action ?

Next part to be fitted to the udr is a 34t pinion to add a little more top end on 4s. Will hopefully test this out tomorrow ?

I am really liking the design of this truck at the moment, so much thought and design has been put into it that you don’t fully appreciate it until you start taking it apart and working on it!

And it’s the little touches like the new grub screw that came with the new pinion, it already has a coating of locktite all ready for you ??
View attachment 50088
View attachment 50089

Ps I will be sorting out a phone mount for my transmitter soon, so I can hopefully get some footage of the udr in action ?
You had time to test yet bud??

You had time to test yet bud??

only in the garden at home so no top speed runs.
I have noticed a little cogging while first setting off and going into reverse more than normal so there is a little drawback but will see if it is worth the extra speed when I get a chance. I will keep you updated.

it would have been good to compare the difference with a gps but I don't have one lol
I don't fancy strapping my phone onto the udr lol

well I put a good 3 more pack through the udr at the weekend with the new pinion and I can honestly say I have no intention of even trying 6s now.:ROFLMAO:
at a guess I would say its topping out at about 45mph maybe a little more but I would need a gps to confirm this.

unfortunately no footage yet, just one very dirty UDR.

I will take some photos when I commence the clean up. :ROFLMAO:

I will also be ordering a new body at some point but my 1/5 has my wallet open at the moment so will have to sort that first haha

Not the best cleanup but it will do for now. Still need to take the wheels off and clean behind them ??

The body hides the full scale if the filth ?

View attachment 50359
View attachment 50360
View attachment 50361
View attachment 50362
View attachment 50363
View attachment 50364
View attachment 50365
View attachment 50366
View attachment 50367
View attachment 50368
People pay a lot for Camo like that . You know you want to run 6s deep down. Listen to your inner demon .

Well first impressions out of the box is this truck is very nice indeed.

Observations:
Heavier than I expected.
The plastics seem very good quality.
The body is nice but very thin.
The battery compartment is ample for many different size lipo’s, I will only be using my 4s hard case race packs and they fit very snug width ways, you would not fit any wider than 45mm in there.
The battery tray locking clasp is a very good design.
The battery tray lid is a bit tricky to fit back in place and will take some getting used to.
The suspension is simply amazing, there is no other word for it.

Overall this thing is sturdy and I can’t wait to run it.

I have a steering servo waiting on stand by as the Traxxas one is known to fail.

I did plan on upgrading a few things straight away but as it seems very well built I will only upgrade as things break. I will let you all know along the way ?

Here are some photos.

If there are parts of the car you would like me to take photos of let me know?

View attachment 49485View attachment 49486View attachment 49487View attachment 49488View attachment 49489View attachment 49490View attachment 49491View attachment 49492
That is one pretty truck! I’m seriously thinking about getting one after my next commission check. I’ve seen tons of YouTube’s on it. My only large scale is a Losi SBR. Let me know how you like it!

Little slowmo
That is one pretty truck! I’m seriously thinking about getting one after my next commission check. I’ve seen tons of YouTube’s on it. My only large scale is a Losi SBR. Let me know how you like it!

It’s a great truck. The suspension is just crazy.

There are lots if aftermarket upgrades available now which is good.

I would recommend one to anyone. It’s just a whole different rc car to anything else!?

Joule he has the rc maxx uk has a good UDR vid out(y)
he dose beat the snot out of it though:unsure:

Yes I did see that when he posted it. That spot was a tad rough for the udr even a 1/5 would have struggled there lol

He was not gentle was he ? 6s power also. I only run on 4s with a larger pinion and it’s fast enough tbh. It’s a great truck and so much fun in the right conditions.

You know you want one dougstar!!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks