Joined the Raminator Owner's CLub as of Yesterday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is probably me just not understanding the system. My apologies. I was trying to ask Owen if he posted a tutorial video on how to make the stock KV100 servos more reliable as he mentioned in a previous quote. I received a new replacement pair from Primal RC after stripping what sounded like the gearing on my old set with less than 2 tanks of gas on a new Raminator V3. If i can rebuild the new ones with upgraded internal guts, I am hoping to find those answers here. Otherwise i have to try and sell this new set someplace to buy upgraded steering servos.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if the Primal RC 130kg servos are good for the raminator v3 steering. The stock 100kg burned out before my second tank of gas. I need an upgraded replacement that can survive!

The trick with the servos is you gotta make sure the linkages are adjusted properly so they are not fighting one another, I have the orig 70kg ones on my Ram truck and they are still working good. The 100kg ones on the mega truck have been fine too but i did have a dud one out of the box so there are bad ones out there
As to your question those servos would be fine but I think the AGFRC ones are better quality
There are others too like hilantronics, Hitec, Reefs RC Beast 1000, ect
When mine finally crap out I will prob get the AGFRC

+1 above. I am still on my stock front and stock rear steer servos. They are NOT set up correctly from the factory and will fight each other, thus burning them out. Take the time to set them up and ensure they are mechanically setup correct and then adjust end points as well to make sure they are not being driven past their mechanical throw limits. Been running my rig for 2 years now on mine. 🥰

Sorry, been out of touch.
I would agree on the alignment of the servos. The servo horns can be adjusted so that both servos are in sync. Note that they are difficult to free up to make the adjustment. I believe mine were glued so adjustment was not easy. I ditched the stock servos since the battery would drain in short time and steering would just stop responding. When I installed the AGFRC 100k servos, also have the horns properly aligned.

As for the run-away issue, the Ram slammed into the tire of a parked car that was a few feet away when it happened. At least I have all of the bugs worked out with the radio and such. Have not had any issues since.

Had a recent issue with the TMR engine (non-stock). The reed block must have loosened up again and leaking air as I could not get it started. When I fixed that issue before, I had no issues getting it started and performance was great. The seal is now leaking again as I did not secure the screws with thread lock or lock washers which is what I will do next.

I did replace the roll cage posts with the aluminum one's. (Front and sides). Since doing that, I cannot get the body to fit onto the chassis. Will have to figure that out.

+1 above. I am still on my stock front and stock rear steer servos. They are NOT set up correctly from the factory and will fight each other, thus burning them out. Take the time to set them up and ensure they are mechanically setup correct and then adjust end points as well to make sure they are not being driven past their mechanical throw limits. Been running my rig for 2 years now on mine. 

Thanks for all the feedback. I will work on fine tuning my steering servo atms this weekend. Hopefully i will get back up and running soon.

Sorry, been out of touch.
I would agree on the alignment of the servos. The servo horns can be adjusted so that both servos are in sync. Note that they are difficult to free up to make the adjustment. I believe mine were glued so adjustment was not easy. I ditched the stock servos since the battery would drain in short time and steering would just stop responding. When I installed the AGFRC 100k servos, also have the horns properly aligned.

As for the run-away issue, the Ram slammed into the tire of a parked car that was a few feet away when it happened. At least I have all of the bugs worked out with the radio and such. Have not had any issues since.

Had a recent issue with the TMR engine (non-stock). The reed block must have loosened up again and leaking air as I could not get it started. When I fixed that issue before, I had no issues getting it started and performance was great. The seal is now leaking again as I did not secure the screws with thread lock or lock washers which is what I will do next.

I did replace the roll cage posts with the aluminum one's. (Front and sides). Since doing that, I cannot get the body to fit onto the chassis. Will have to figure that out.
I have the JS Performance aluminum body mounts all the way around and the Primal ones for the very front. The body cage fits "tighter" for me but not to the point of not fitting. Let me know what ya find. Curious as to the cause.

I have the JS Performance aluminum body mounts all the way around and the Primal ones for the very front. The body cage fits "tighter" for me but not to the point of not fitting. Let me know what ya find. Curious as to the cause.
The only areas I could get to fit were the rear 4 posts and the two front posts. Both sides, they were off by an inch. Side posts were lower than the supports on the chassis, they were also offset towards the rear of the vehicle. I even removed all of the body panels just to see what was up with the fitment. I can get the sides to fit but nothing else would mate. It could be the side chassis mounts. Almost appears like they are upside down. If that is the case, I will have to drill out one of the holes so I can reverse them. I will have to take it apart to see what is going on.

My mega I had the primal alloy body mounts and fitment was terrible. I could get the sides and back mounted with struggles, but the front 2 I had to only use one mount because they were so far off

I believe I got the Primal version. Is it for early versions of the truck or fits none? Will run it without the body and roll cage for now. Bummer. It fit fine with the original plastic parts but most of them broke on the first roll over.

I was blessed and when I built my rig, Primal didnt really have many upgrades initially. So all my parts are JS Performance for the most part. Amazing fit and finish and super beefy! I have a V2 with a V3 cage and body....it is the same cage for both so should be no issue from version to version.

I was blessed and when I built my rig, Primal didnt really have many upgrades initially. So all my parts are JS Performance for the most part. Amazing fit and finish and super beefy! I have a V2 with a V3 cage and body....it is the same cage for both so should be no issue from version to version.

Cages are the same on v1/v2/v3 but the mega/ ramintor cages are different

On those alloy body mounts I know one on each side is offset a bit, I think its the rear side ones
If the post is too low to line up with the body/cage you prob got them on backwards/upside down
I have JS ones on my ram and they fit perfectly
Bought the primal ones for the Mega truck but have yet to fit them, maybe they have a bad batch of them or something?
All they needed to do was copy the design of the stock plastic ones you would think it would be pretty hard to mess that up! lol

With those AGFRC SERVOS, did you need to buy new servo horns?

My stock brake servo glitches plugged directly into a receiver (Futaba, or the stock receiver that comes with the Grave Digger). These servos seem like a giant pile of poop, as does the engine. Not happy for the price of this thing. It should've included the GP460 and some better servos, or at least give the option to save money upfront and buy your own servos. Geez

The servos are hit and miss
If you have a bad one get a hold of primal and they will replace it
The agfrc servos are way better
I think the only mod you need to do with them is drill out the servo horn holes bigger and use bolts with a smaller head or grind the head dia down so they fit into the horn
As for the engine ya it’s definitely not a screamer that’s for sure I agree the truck should come with better electronics and engine given the price of it

My stock brake servo glitches plugged directly into a receiver (Futaba, or the stock receiver that comes with the Grave Digger). These servos seem like a giant pile of poop, as does the engine. Not happy for the price of this thing. It should've included the GP460 and some better servos, or at least give the option to save money upfront and buy your own servos. Geez
For my upgraded brake servo, I went with a Primal RC 100kg I believe, I will check when I get home. I replaced the servo because my brake servo burned out and locked up. But before replacing the servo do to chattering which I had and it drove me crazy until I applied a simple fix. Place a metal hose clamp on the exhaust. I will also send you a pic of mine. I guess it did something to the ground and totally stopped the clatter.

No you don't, ypu do need to drill the center hole out on the servo horn in order to fit the larger 3.5mm screw.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks