JT3 Vekta build log.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys... Been a minute since I've posted. Unfortunately, I haven't touched the Vekta since my last update. I've been working a lot and dealing with some personal issues and just haven't had the mental energy to do much. The current status of the Vekta is; the throttle linkage and exhaust need to be installed. I'm gonna try my best to get it done tomorrow.

Well boys. I took it out for the maiden run. Lost a wheel in the first 2 minutes lmao. Found the but luckily and put it back on. With some loctite and made sure all the ones weren't loose. Then I took off again. Got about 10 minutes of run time in with it. And then it randomly lost throttle. Still had steering so i had no idea what to expect. I walk over to it and find that the throttle arm has come off the carb (screw backed out). So I go to walk it back to my truck and the drive train is locked up. I got a bit worried so I start looking around. Bad news all over.

The nuts and studs that hold the exhaust header on the block? Gone. Gasket that goes between header and block? Gone. Exhaust moved just enough to get into the fuel return line and melt through it completely. Luckily there was no fire. It gets worse. There are 3 long bolts that mate the clutch to the transmission. 2 of them were gone. The transmission turns but it's very bound. I didn't have the heart to diagnose that part today. I'm hoping the clutch just got misaligned and didn't wreck anything too badly.

This engine is a brutal piece of machinery. And I won't be using glue stick loctite anymore. Going back to the regular liquid kind and getting a lot more generous.

Also does anybody know the size of the bolts I mentioned? Gonna need to replace them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks