JT3 Vekta build log.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kv132Vertigo Vekta.5 Center Chassis Brace

kv133Vertigo Vekta.5 Upper Steering Bellcrank Brace

jj334Purple fuel line - by the foot

sm383ORJofer RC New Enclosed Wheel Nut for Losi 5ive/Kraken Vekta - Orange

eg915DDM Billet Pull Start Handle - ORANGE

kv153 17/24Vertigo Vekta.5 17/24 Gear Set for Vekta.5 Carrier

nc160-BK"Bite Screws" Complete Black Beadlock Screw Set (84)

tt326Uber RC Viper Super Spike Tires for Losi 5ive-T/DBXL - Set of 4

Wasnt this an issue with them for a bit? Thought there was an upgrade driveshaft or something..... @crucialRC please stand up..
Yeah there's only an upgrade for the rear telescopic drive shaft at the brakes that I'm aware of. It comes with a rubber ring that goes around the shaft and over the locking Allen but I found that doesn't work either. Best action is to red loctite all pins and lock allens. My locking Allen at the rear brake still backed out with the rubber oring over it. Luckily I caught it in time cause with the locking allen backed out it started to chew into my rcr brake pad. I had to remove my pads and file down the bursts then reinstall. These are the ONLY thing I red loctite??

Last edited:
Some
Yeah there's only an upgrade for the rear telescopic drive shaft at the brakes that I'm aware of. It comes with a rubber ring that goes around the shaft and over the locking Allen but I found that doesn't work either. Best action is to red loctite all pins and lock allens. My locking Allen at the rear brake still backed out with the rubber oring over it. Luckily I caught it in time cause with the locking allen backed out it started to chew into my rcr brake pad. I had to remove my pads and file down the bursts then reinstall. These are the ONLY thing I red loctite??
don't remember who but somebody on YouTube said a zip tie works pretty well for keeping them in. Tighten it down and trim the extra so it doesn’t throw the shaft off balance.

Last edited:
?Tie wire or aviation wire maybe, but I can't see a tie wrap because it's really close to the brake rotor.
You know what I bet would work really well... I think I actually remember hearing somebody say this, but Heat-shrink tubing...
The tools have arrived... Still just waiting on the engine. Been about 2 weeks so far. Hopefully, it'll be here next week!

1592610295017.png

Last edited:
leave the oring in there, then heat shrink it twice :ROFLMAO:
Hell, you could honestly just put a better quality o-ring. Maybe a slightly smaller size so it's even tighter. The only problem I see with using an o-ring is that if the shaft doesn't have a channel cut for the o-ring to sit in, the vibration will likely cause it to move. Wouldn't have to worry about that with heat shrink.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks