siblues Losi DBXL build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never figured out the sweet spot cuz none of my crap ran long enough :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: gunna run 24:1 in my new motor or rebuild 70cc (whatever it may be)

? is ,do you trust that mix?
I don't ,I never trust any manufacture recommended mix ,I always go what the engine wants ,an how they react on
how much or how less!

? is ,do you trust that mix?
I don't ,I never trust any manufacture recommended mix ,I always go what the engine wants ,an how they react on
how much or how less!
I tried 25:1 just cause, then 28:1 cuz that's what majority used , I had no prior 2 stroke knowledge so how was I supposed to know ?‍♂️ 20:1 on the 70cc was cuase I wanted it really oily for break in for protect.

Well I guess I am in the ballpark then so you guys don't have a lot of smoke then?I was watching Doug's video again and I don't have that much smoke but he is also running a built motor and a much larger one at that so I am a bit lost as to what to look for?

The first two tanks the motor was really sluggish and then I leaned the motor out just a tad and installed the Jetpro pipe and it was night and day the difference.The motor just felt like a new motor was dropped in there.It had much better acceleration and the powerband just felt like it gained a ton of power down low and a little midrange.I could just be taking the break in as a power gain and maybe the motor settled in and loosened up a bit and started making power like it would have after break in.

I tried 25:1 just cause, then 28:1 cuz that's what majority used , I had no prior 2 stroke knowledge so how was I supposed to know ?‍♂️ 20:1 on the 70cc was cuase I wanted it really oily for break in for protect.

I am not saying not to run that mix ,I am just saying to monitor your engine with any mixture ,like I seen you say
before that the spark plug should be read!....(y)

I run 30 to 1 in mine, the really it's a matter of personal preference. I have other engines that run 30 to 1 and it keeps me from having to have tons if different mix ratios around, everything else I have runs 40 to 1. Not as high performance though. Really the mix is determined by rpm and engine load at rated rpm. The smoke out the exhaust can be different depending on what oil your running. Generally I like a nice haze at WOT. As I e been running the same engine in my dbxl for years, I'd say my practices have worked well for me. Just my 2 cents

I run 30 to 1 in mine, the really it's a matter of personal preference. I have other engines that run 30 to 1 and it keeps me from having to have tons if different mix ratios around, everything else I have runs 40 to 1. Not as high performance though. Really the mix is determined by rpm and engine load at rated rpm. The smoke out the exhaust can be different depending on what oil your running. Generally I like a nice haze at WOT. As I e been running the same engine in my dbxl for years, I'd say my practices have worked well for me. Just my 2 cents

Over the years on owning my own gardening business ,I gave up on measuring oil mix on equipment ,I have been eye balling
my mix on the equipment!

I had never had an issue of burning nothing up ,all of my spark plugs are 10 years old , I monitor them an clean them as needed ,
or when they foul due to being too oily!

I would keep an eye on those servos. My friend and I both have them on our HPI Bajas for steering and another guy on his DBXL for throttle/brake. All 3 of them have either glitched or completely failed. My buddy's Baja full locked to the right and smashed his car into a concrete wall. After rebuilding and testing it again it did the exact same thing. He returned the servo back to Amazon. The friend with the DBXL had the servo go full throttle and lock in position. Luckily he had a kill switch otherwise it could have caused some serious damage. It did this twice in total, so he tossed it. For me, I get random glitches. Sometimes the servo will fail to steer at all, but most of the time it works, just barely. All 3 of the servos including from what I've read online says it doesn't center properly. I can confirm this. If you steer left then back to neutral it centers, if you steer right then back to neutral is stays stuck to the right about 10 degrees. It's also very slow, even at high voltage. The Baja handles like a dogs breakfast so I'm keeping the servo for now until it inevitably dies. But because of how slow the servo is having to predict when the tail will kick out then having to counter steer early is very annoying. Not as much of a problem on 4WD. I run the Hitech D845 in by DBXL. My baja is a beater so I run crappier stuff on it. I see you have it on both the steering and throttle/brake. I would suggest you at the very least change out the throttle/brake servo for a quality one. These servos are torquey, but they're slow, unreliable and don't center properly. Since then, all the guys I run with only run the Hitech D845. I'm sure most people on here will agree this is the one to get.

Last edited:
Yeah they aren't going to make it till next summer they will be getting replaced and my current project will either be getting Savox or Hitec servo's.I really only bought them because I didn't feel like spending 300 bucks on two really good servos but after all the money I have been dumping into these two rigs I will just get a set of reliable servos really soon thanks for the heads up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks