siblues Losi DBXL build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice dbxl you have, mine isn't so nice. For some reason my wheels hate to touch the ground, so its a bit banged up from all the gymnastics it does. I usually bring a small brush to clean the big stuff off the car before I toss it in the truck. Work pretty good if you coat it in silicone spray before bashing.

Yeah that is a favorite with a lot of off road guys on their actual trucks so it should work well on our toys lol.

Here are a few additions I have made lately.I picked up a set of Losi 5ive-t wheels and some beadlocks and a set of Rovan Mad Max clones in 195x80 and tire foams.The rear tail light kind of finishes off the lighting for me.I now have to make sure that the wheel and tire combo doesn't rub or else a set of extenders will be ordered soon.

IMG_20191203_210608 (1).jpgIMG_20191203_223939 (1).jpgIMG_20191204_195555.jpgIMG_20191204_195512.jpgIMG_20191204_201321.jpgIMG_20191204_201302.jpg

Yeah that is a favorite with a lot of off road guys on their actual trucks so it should work well on our toys lol.

Here are a few additions I have made lately.I picked up a set of Losi 5ive-t wheels and some beadlocks and a set of Rovan Mad Max clones in 195x80 and tire foams.The rear tail light kind of finishes off the lighting for me.I now have to make sure that the wheel and tire combo doesn't rub or else a set of extenders will be ordered soon.

View attachment 55036View attachment 55037View attachment 55038View attachment 55039View attachment 55040View attachment 55041
Look nasty on your dbxl ???

Thanks I took it out today for a little while but had a few issues I like an absolute idiot forgot to screw down my servo horn so I kept having issues with it popping off and on one tumble the rear dogbone popped out of the cup and broke the rear hub carrier.I now have to make a decision on whether to buy a set of aluminum carriers or just stick with the originals?Here is a very short crappy video.I couldn't get a better one due to the issues I was having and the strong winds.The stand kept blowing over with my phone attached.That last tumble is what is going to have me down till the new year unless I get my hands on a hub in the next few days.The video is pretty bad and the wind is super loud sorry.

I had a quick question for you guys.I am replacing a hub carrier today and since I must disassemble part of the DBXL I was thinking maybe I should replace the wheel bearings while I am at it but before I do that I wanted to ask if you guys prefer or recommend rubber sealed or just the standard steel bearings?I am not going to purchase ceramic bearings because for the difference in price I can just change them out more often.Let me know what you guys like and use and why just so I can learn something new today.

Well rubber shielded it is I will take your advice seeing as that you have more money in bearings than I have in all my rigs combined most likely :p (y)
Ok so thirty bearings are on their way as we speak.Hey do any of you guys know where the bearing shims go on the DBXL the manual has absolutely no info on where they go.Sean told me that his didn't have any but mine does I just didn't see them and after I pulled the bearings I saw them on my table but didn't see where they came from.Sean mentioned that they most likely go in between the bearing and the hub carrier.I guess now that I am taking the bearings out I can check the other hubs but figured I would ask because knowing my luck that will be the only hub on mine that has them.

Last edited:
Your just trying to get the side to side play out of the axle shaft, the shims don't care what side of the bearing they go on. (In this application) I think either way you go you'll be fine. I do find it odd that mine never had any. @Bryan K. Yours have shims?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks