siblues Losi DBXL build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I know just kidding.I really love my DBXL but the 5IVE-B or T would have been a much better purchase.Hey what are you guys using to work on your rigs?I know the axis stand is the best but is anyone using the Rigid flip top or Dynamite/Redcat stand and there is a nice table top stand fromT-Bone Racing.I need one real quick my neck and back are killing me from working on my DBXL and Baja clone.

1577204404060.png

I have the pictured Tbone stand, Rigid flip top, and a homemade swivel stand with the axis tilt and fixture attachment. They all serve their purpose. The Tbone is perfect for table top, above vehicle work while sitting in a chair. The rigid is perfect for working while standing up but only for working on top of the vehicle. It will also need some rubber tape and/or bolts to stop the car from moving around. The homemade one I did is perfect for standing up and you can get to the chassis bolts from underneath and tilt. I have a video of how I made the homemade one if you are interested.

Some pics. Excuse the mess. It's time for me to expand the shop?
20191224_113954.jpg20191224_114013.jpg20191224_114035.jpg

Last edited:
I just watched your video nice job it looked great.The flip top stand seems nice but it would need a bit of work to make it a true work stand and it would also need a few bucks put into it too.I think the way the top mounts to the post is one of the major issues because all that stuff is in your way.The T-bone is nice if you work while sitting at the table.Do you have any pics of one of your rigs on the T-bone or a video?

I just watched your video nice job it looked great.The flip top stand seems nice but it would need a bit of work to make it a true work stand and it would also need a few bucks put into it too.I think the way the top mounts to the post is one of the major issues because all that stuff is in your way.The T-bone is nice if you work while sitting at the table.Do you have any pics of one of your rigs on the T-bone or a video?
Thanks. I edited my post and added pics??

I think you sold me on the T-Bone I can just put a piece of wood under each side of the stand if I need to raise it a bit to get a tool underneath. Is it well made and will it stand up to abuse well looking at your insane collection of parts and rigs you must wrench on it a lot.I should have never become a member on this forum all of you guys are freaking insane with your Rc collections.

evssv you are a prime example of that and I don't even read John Parks threads.I saw something on TV the other day that reminds me of you guys.Pablo Escobars brother in an interview told the reporter that when his brother was alive they sometime would burn mounds of money to keep warm at night. :eek:

Last edited:
I don't have the room for that Z at the moment.My race car is taking up a two car garage and I have no room in the living area for the Rc's.Crucial about how high is the chassis off the table on the Bonehead stand?
Here are the hex bits I received minus the bit holders they are in the mail.The EDS bits look very well made even the logo printed on the bits looks great the Mcmaster bit don't look pretty but damn they weigh six to seven times what the EDS units do and I think a lot of it is due to the length.I now need to order that stand and I have a compact decent workplace for my Rc's.

IMG_20191224_130524.jpgIMG_20191224_130143.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to post a few pics of the clip keepers I made.I figured I could try making some for the DBXL and I am going to try to make some suspension limit straps for my Baja clone too.I may have to shorten or adjust them a bit we will see.I adjusted them after what Sean said and yes they were a bit too long the fronts are a bit shorter now and the rears were adjusted to lay under the cage a little cleaner.I need to clean up the led wiring a bit it is a bit long too but it needs a better solution than a Dupont plug to disconnect it from the main chassis if need be.

IMG_20191229_164206.jpgIMG_20191229_164235.jpg

Last edited:
Got my stand in I am pretty satisfied with it but it is a bit weaker than I thought and the parts are a bit off center. The stand is pretty nice and for 45 bucks I can't complain.I plan on picking some stuff up tomorrow to make it a bit higher to give me room to work on the truck/car from underneathIMG_20191230_215110.jpgIMG_20191230_214536.jpgIMG_20191230_214647.jpgIMG_20191230_214757.jpg
The one thing that caught me by surprise is how small it is when folded up. The stand can fit in a small tool bag.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks