Just curious about Taylor 65 Supreme vs a Taylor 71

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GirthBrooks

Price is close hoping I could get some insight as too the difference ? Also would love to keep my 4Wheel drive above all else and would like to know the very best drivetrain upgrades available to do that and maintain a weekend basher am I going to jump stumps probably not but I'd like to know it ain't gonna fall to pieces if I so chose too... Any tips info and advice would be greatly appreciated . Detroit performance has a 65 Supreme package that comes with the exhaust pipe I noticed the 71cc on their website DID NOT come with a pipe which makes me think I'd probably end up paying another 3 or 400 for a pipe for the 71 ...? Can anyone confirm ?
Maybe I'm going to big is there a big difference between the Taylor 50GT and the 55 Supreme ?? Perhaps that would be a realistic more reliable option idk ... I need advice

Last edited:
I have a 71 coming that’s going into a W5. Check out my build thread. When it comes I’ll be updating it. I also have a 55 in a 5ive and a 50 in a 5t.
I will do so thank you !!!
Im pretty sure the 65 or 71 will absolutely destroy a losi drivetrain. I think the whole thing will need to come out and be replaced. Your looking at alloy diff housing alloy diff cups, thicker dog bones, new hubs and brp wheels at a minimum
Greatly appreciate this man thank you for the advice !!
Im pretty sure the 65 or 71 will absolutely destroy a losi drivetrain. I think the whole thing will need to come out and be replaced. Your looking at alloy diff housing alloy diff cups, thicker dog bones, new hubs and brp wheels at a minimum
I seen that Taylor frame with the diff housings and shock towers all like in one piece for idk 745.00$ seemed like a good deal it appeared to be all CNCd like a whole bottom frame wondering if in the long run I'd save money just coughing up the dough for it ...
Ahh , sorry the Taylor Billet Chassis is the name of it , again a little green here 😂

Last edited:
71 will give more torque due to the stroke and the 65 will be slightly less torque with a bit more rpm.
I appreciate the info , in regards to "More RPM" what does that inquire ?? Like where does that come into play in regards to performance a higher wrappin' RPM rate vs lower does this correlate to low/high end power /. Or low high torque??

I have a supreme 65 in my 5iveT and I purchased the 65 on this same theory, 65 more rpm/less torque then 71... mine is an onroad fun times no competition racer... but the 71 has more torque yes... which honestly you probably will never put down in traction... but either way, the rpm range on both motors are the same. they will do properly tuned 17500 max rpm safely before hurting inside... con. rod and all. I got this info from Mike at taylor rc.

Safe temps 150-200 Celcious., over that i would be careful.

I have a supreme 65 in my 5iveT and I purchased the 65 on this same theory, 65 more rpm/less torque then 71... mine is an onroad fun times no competition racer... but the 71 has more torque yes... which honestly you probably will never put down in traction... but either way, the rpm range on both motors are the same. they will do properly tuned 17500 max rpm safely before hurting inside... con. rod and all. I got this info from Mike at taylor rc.

Safe temps 150-200 Celcious., over that i would be careful.
I feel like the 65 would be a sweet spot I'd like to not spend more than 1500.00$ AFTER buying the engine to have a VERY (reliable) 5T2.0 . Really want to maintain the 4wheel drive that's the overall dream anyway 😅

Price is close hoping I could get some insight as too the difference ? Also would love to keep my 4Wheel drive above all else and would like to know the very best drivetrain upgrades available to do that and maintain a weekend basher am I going to jump stumps probably not but I'd like to know it ain't gonna fall to pieces if I so chose too... Any tips info and advice would be greatly appreciated . Detroit performance has a 65 Supreme package that comes with the exhaust pipe I noticed the 71cc on their website DID NOT come with a pipe which makes me think I'd probably end up paying another 3 or 400 for a pipe for the 71 ...? Can anyone confirm ?
Maybe I'm going to big is there a big difference between the Taylor 50GT and the 55 Supreme ?? Perhaps that would be a realistic more reliable option idk ... I need advice
I am pretty sure both engine packages come with a samba big bore v3 pipe... the pictures show differently but the pipe is included when you pick the type of vehicle, it refers to the pipe mounting style.

I was in this same predicament before but think I did the right thing by getting the 65 even though I learned later the 71 has the same rpm range... that extra torque is more like extra unnecessary stress on drivetrain... cups...shafts (they do bend not just break!)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks