Just got a KM 29cc,what to expect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midwestguy69

Hi people,i just bought a 29cc baja from ebay and was curious what do i need to do before i start bashing it? Is there any MUST DO's before hand?

Middy,was it the alloy version? I'm expecting mine tomorrow or Thursday.I bought the 2.0 alloy version and was wondering the same thing!Can you update your location please so people can help you locally.
J.

I wouldn't run it until you have fitted an automatic killswitch, which is the only sure method of preventing a runaway, and oiling the air filter foam. Giving all the visible fasteners a quick check for tightness will reassure you of the completeness of the factory build while giving you a nice close-up familiarisation of your new purchse.

I would also recommend that you fit as many of these as you can afford, in the name of the longevity of your new pride & joy:-
Outerwears pre-filters to air filter, pullstart and crankcase vents
Shock limiting straps
Shock boots

PS I didn't do any of this before I gave it a few short runs (on-road), but as I read the forums I realised I could look after it better so did all of the above.

Middy,was it the alloy version? I'm expecting mine tomorrow or Thursday.I bought the 2.0 alloy version and was wondering the same thing!Can you update your location please so people can help you locally.
J.

You should get a tear down thread showing all the improvements and good and bad points. This way we can show others what to expect from the model in the start. Plus it will give you something to do instead of searching ebay. Yup, your wife told me to say that....:clown:

Is the Km aluminum pipe on the 29cc clones the same as a ddm pipe? I was under the impression it was pretty much the same pipe from looking at them both?

Thats the HPI not DDM.
Ahhh, I'm not a fan of either the HPI or KM of that one. Seen way too many failures including my neighbors melt, bend, crack etc. Buy a different one if/when it goes bad. Or sell it and put the money toward a different one..
DDM had a great deal for 100 for a Jetpro. Keep your eye out for deals.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks