Just got a Rovan Baha 5B, 36cc Newbie!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonsterRod

Getting back into RC and purchased a Rovan baha b5.
I wondering what I should be doing as far as getting it prepped for it’s first run.
I’ve read that I should disassemble it and locktite all the screws. Is this accurate?
Anything else I should do? Any key components or fail points I should look at swapping out?
I should note that I will only be trail and field running it...for now anyways!

I wondering what I should be doing as far as getting it prepped for it’s first run.
I’ve read that I should disassemble it and locktite all the screws. Is this accurate?
Anything else I should do? Any key components or fail points I should look at swapping out?
Chassis is weak get a front chassis plate. Killswitch is a must. Get benol if the temperature is 60 or above otherwise its dominator. Get a metal prawl and might aswell get an extra pull starter just for safe measure. Allot of new guys and returning guys break them. Always handy to have extra tires spark plugs and screw kits on hand. Get some team fast eddy greese or white lithium greese for the diff if you need to open it. Probably want to do a once over your whole baja with blue locktite. Get air filter oil for your inside stage airfilter. Make sure there is no squeeking sound in your shocks. Make sure you red locktite your exhaust. IF you have a can exhaust get a VRC. DRP or Olimat exhaust. It opens up the 36cc as another animal. Lastly have extra foam inserts and beads on hand. I also notice the rim rubs the screw so it may be a good idea to get hub extenders... extra hub pins and clips are a must.

Welcome to the club. If you are going to go through all the hardware only use loctite on the metal to metal screws. Make sure to get your self a Kill switch. I recommend the Killer Bee. The last thing you want is a runaway RC. I started out with a Rovan. YOur going to find as you start replacing broken parts( it happens) you are going to curse Rovan. Some of their tolerances are just slightly off a little bit compared to HPI. The big thing is just have fun.

Welcome to the forum, I have the 5T version, and lots of experience with the Rovan , do a search under my user name and you will find a ton of reading. They are definitely issues with the lack of quality particular during assembly at the factory, but the 5B/5T's can be made to perform awesome and with decent reliability. Good luck any questions just ask, there's a lot of very knowledgably guys here that will help.

Chassis is weak get a front chassis plate. Killswitch is a must. Get benol if the temperature is 60 or above otherwise its dominator. Get a metal prawl and might aswell get an extra pull starter just for safe measure. Allot of new guys and returning guys break them. Always handy to have extra tires spark plugs and screw kits on hand. Get some team fast eddy greese or white lithium greese for the diff if you need to open it. Probably want to do a once over your whole baja with blue locktite. Get air filter oil for your inside stage airfilter. Make sure there is no squeeking sound in your shocks. Make sure you red locktite your exhaust. IF you have a can exhaust get a VRC. DRP or Olimat exhaust. It opens up the 36cc as another animal. Lastly have extra foam inserts and beads on hand. I also notice the rim rubs the screw so it may be a good idea to get hub extenders... extra hub pins and clips are a must.
Thank you. Very informative
Welcome to the club. If you are going to go through all the hardware only use loctite on the metal to metal screws. Make sure to get your self a Kill switch. I recommend the Killer Bee. The last thing you want is a runaway RC. I started out with a Rovan. YOur going to find as you start replacing broken parts( it happens) you are going to curse Rovan. Some of their tolerances are just slightly off a little bit compared to HPI. The big thing is just have fun.
Thanks for the tips

Welcome to the forum, I have the 5T version, and lots of experience with the Rovan , do a search under my user name and you will find a ton of reading. They are definitely issues with the lack of quality particular during assembly at the factory, but the 5B/5T's can be made to perform awesome and with decent reliability. Good luck any questions just ask, there's a lot of very knowledgably guys here that will help.
Awesome. I’ll check it out. Ty

Welcome

Get dust covers for air filter and pull starter..
Get dust covers for air filter and pull starter..
Also chk tit-racing.com. alot of parts. And decent prices

tit-racing.com
Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks