Just got an FG Monster Beetle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamefan

I was initially looking at getting a Losi 5b but went with the FG instead. Absolutely like the look of it! Will post pictures later today.

What are the first things that need to be done before I run this? I know I need to order a kill switch and loctite.

What else should I know/check for on this nice car?

Thank you!

Thank you Marley76!

Dumb question - I am getting loctite this weekend, but am I supposed to use it for everything that is flush with the chassis? Have not owned a 5th scale before and want to make sure everything stays out when running it.

Thank you!

Hello Gamefan,
use the Loctite on all screw with contact to metal, gears,wheel square, differential, alloy hubs/a-arm if you have. It will make no sense to it on metal/plastic parts.
Wolle

Yup. Blue...not red.
You might want to invest in a small butane torch. Use it to heat up and melt the loctite on screws that are being stubborn whem you try to take them off...but be careful...only use it on metal to metal. It WILL melt you plastics.

Alrighty!! Just purchased the following items.

Thread lock (2)
Killer RC super Bee kill switch
Toolset from DDM
Extra bits from DDM

Just waiting for it all to arrive.

Good morning Wolle and Marley76,

I checked the radio I received with the car and it states a two channel with an auxiliary channel. Would that work for the kill switch?

Thank you!

I was initially looking at getting a Losi 5b but went with the FG instead. Absolutely like the look of it! Will post pictures later today.

What are the first things that need to be done before I run this? I know I need to order a kill switch and loctite.

What else should I know/check for on this nice car?

Thank you!
I had one, tuff as nails,

Good morning everyone!

I have a question about fuel. The manual states 33:1 but everywhere I am reading, it stated 25:1. Where is a good place to purchase premixed fuel for now? I really do not want to mix my own fuel at the moment.

Thank you!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks