Just watched marketplace about counterfeits and fakes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My opinion on the issue is basically like going to harbor freight. Some parts are good. Some parts aren’t. Use judgement. I won’t lie I have used x brand parts , but extremely limited. If I need a part that HPI doesn’t have I will use x brand. Dog eat dog world....

Counterfeit and clones are the same poop. The baja was HPI's Design for hpi, it IS NOT a open category of vehicle were everyone gets a chance at doing it. I hear that poop alot and it's freaking retarded ???
Sorry but no. Words have meaning and they're just not the same thing. Not to mention HPI doesn't even produce baja's anymore, so its a moot point. Are people gonna be forever stuck buying used bajas? Can they never replace parts that cant be found made by HPI? Your taking a awfully firm stand for a product thats not even produced anymore.

Sorry but no. Words have meaning and they're just not the same thing. Not to mention HPI doesn't even produce baja's anymore, so its a moot point. Are people gonna be forever stuck buying used bajas? Can they never replace parts that cant be found made by HPI? Your taking a awfully firm stand for a product thats not even produced anymore.
That's like saying I can take away something of yours and sell it without having your permission. That's dumb, and why do they have to rip off someonee else? Why can't they Design their own? I'd 100% support them (if the product turned out well) if it was actually theirs. I'd rather have the Baja die and have a fresh new platform out.

That's like saying I can take away something of yours and sell it without having your permission. That's dumb, and why do they have to rip off someonee else? Why can't they Design their own? I'd 100% support them (if the product turned out well) if it was actually theirs. I'd rather have the Baja die and have a fresh new platform out.
Why did they do it? Thats simple, they saw a opening in the market for reasonably priced 1/5 scale rc cars. To meet that low price point, R&D and all the expenses that come with it weren't a option. So it was skipped. If HPI wanted to fight for that market share they could have made a cheaper model, but they didn't. Now they went the way of the dodo and Rovan remained. Welcome to global capitalism. Its not going anywhere regardless of who hates it. No amount of bashing rovan or the people who own their rc's is gonna change it. The only thing it seems to accomplish here, is making sure most the rovan owners don't stick around for long. Recognizing these facts isn't dumb, its acceptance of reality. Virtue signalling isn't going to change it. So why bash a large portion of a very small hobby. We should be happy a company has made 1/5 scale possible for many more people. Didn't Rovan get yours truley into 1/5?

No they couldn't have, hpi couldn't make a cheaper model. Only reason why rovan is so cheap is becuase they cut corners In every way possible and they ripped off someone else's homework/r&d, that's why it's so cheap. Theres nothing good about ripping someone else off for self benefit period imo

Why did they do it? Thats simple, they saw a opening in the market for reasonably priced 1/5 scale rc cars. To meet that low price point, R&D and all the expenses that come with it weren't a option. So it was skipped. If HPI wanted to fight for that market share they could have made a cheaper model, but they didn't. Now they went the way of the dodo and Rovan remained. Welcome to global capitalism. Its not going anywhere regardless of who hates it. No amount of bashing rovan or the people who own their rc's is gonna change it. The only thing it seems to accomplish here, is making sure most the rovan owners don't stick around for long. Recognizing these facts isn't dumb, its acceptance of reality. Virtue signalling isn't going to change it. So why bash a large portion of a very small hobby. We should be happy a company has made 1/5 scale possible for many more people. Didn't Rovan get yours truley into 1/5?

You nailed it.
No they couldn't have, hpi couldn't make a cheaper model. Only reason why rovan is so cheap is becuase they cut corners In every way possible and they ripped off someone else's homework/r&d, that's why it's so cheap. Theres nothing good about ripping someone else off for self benefit period imo

And you know this how? Tell us oh wise one ... How does the corporate world really work. Were you sitting in with the board of directors when they set the price on their RC's . Every company out there is trying to undercut their competitors . You would be amazed by the markup on products.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks