Just wont start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to start a flodded motor quickly. close the high needle and the low needle. you can leave the low needle open a smidge if you want but it will work either way. pull the plug and dry it off, reinstall and fire it up while holding full throttle on your transmitter. it may take a few pulls, it should try to start running after the first few and then die. shortly there after it shoulf fire on up, quickly lift the rear of the car and run it till it dies. at that time the engine is clear of fuel. reopen needle to 1 1/2 h- 1 1/8 L. don't use the choke. fire it up, pumping the throttle a bit.

if that doesn't work and all other bits such as coil gap, defined spark, new plug, airleaks are sorted then likely it is that clone carb. they are seriously junk mate. i had one a long while back and it literally crapped out in less that a whole tank of fuel. put on a walbro and the engine ran good but didnt last long. those clone motors are just no good. not bashing yor rig buddy, its just the cold hard truth.

+1
Worked for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the help guys.
Ended up taking the flywheel off, thinking that it may have spun a bit on the keyway, throwing the spark out.
Put it all back together, adjusted the coil down pretty close, and it started :)
Not really running all that great, just wont rev, have tried tuning it but not 100%

So....HPI engine and Walbro carb seems to be getting a regular mention.
Where is the best place to buy from?

Again guys, thanks for all the help.

Cheers.
Col

Thanks for all the help guys.
Ended up taking the flywheel off, thinking that it may have spun a bit on the keyway, throwing the spark out.
Put it all back together, adjusted the coil down pretty close, and it started :)
Not really running all that great, just wont rev, have tried tuning it but not 100%

So....HPI engine and Walbro carb seems to be getting a regular mention.
Where is the best place to buy from?

Again guys, thanks for all the help.

Cheers.
Col

Def go with the walbro carb - a 668 will do fine. The HPI engine is a 'fuelie' which is a copy of a CY. They are decent enough but I would recommend a Zenoah 26cc. If you are buying new go for the 4 bolt head or if used the 2 bolt is still very reliable.

Not sure about places to buy in Oz but DDM are decent stockists and will ship to you.

did you manage to get the car started?
Hey Chris.

Yeah mate,
pulled it all down again and cleaned etc, adjusted the coil real close and it ended up fireing :)
then it wouldnt really rev, but with a bit of tuning and mucking around it was going real good...........................untill i crashed into a gutter :(
Ahh well.

New wheel on its way to replace the busted one.
Now all i need to do is learn how to drive it lol

And thanks too all for their help.

Col

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks