Kershaw brushless DBXL conversion on its way!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evo

Kershaw Designs is in the works for a brushless conversion for the DBXL. The kit is 499 and it includes conversion kit plus motor and ESC... What you guys think?

Would it be faster going brushless?

Does anyone know the weight of the DBXL minus the motor and stuff?

I'd like to see a kit that allows for the center diff to move closer to the center so the 4wd shafts are straighter. Mount the ESC above the center diff will allow for good airflow thru the windshield for cooling. Also, it would make sense to flip the motor towards the front which would allow for both batteries to be in the rear. This will help with weight distribution by sliding the batteries forward or backwards depending on 8S-10S setup. This might also allow for a larger radio box. Those are some of the ideas I had for a BL kit.

I've split this thread into two so that the conversion from Kershaw Designs and the one Dastuffuwant made is on their own.

I did email Dan at Kershaw and invited him to come share any progress on this conversion development.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks