killed my engine :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaean

epic fail.

my engine ingested a screw at full chat (air filter fell off and one of the 2 stainless slef tappers used to hold it on went into the engine)

bottom end looks fine my im going to need a new piston/head/cylinder etc.

so i might as well upgrade. i currently have a 26cc 2 bolt zenoah engine, which one of these would people recommend for my 2wd harm bx2?

http://www.mmrlargescale.co.uk/shop/department/upgrade_kits/

no idea weather to go get a stroker kit with a new crank or to get the slightly larger 27.2cc kit on that page.

cheers

hehe im in the uk guys.

im guessing the esp head required me to use a 30mm crank and not my 28mm one in my 260 xen motor then. (more expense lol )

anyone know anyone that makes a stock 26cc ported cylinder head for my zen so i can save myself the hassle of having to fork out for a crank to :D

ESP does, but hasnt dot them to market just yet, but very soon.

you can just buy a stock 26 2bolt zen topend, have Scotty and MMR do the port work for you. BUT taking a screw at full tilt may of caused damage to the conrod or conrod bearings. i would highly suggest you take the motor in and have it gone thru. Scotty and the boys can give it a good rundown, and tell you if you need a new crank or just a topend. Scotty can also port it and match the cases to the new portwork as well.

Tell them Timmahh sent you over from LSF. not that it will help you any of save you any coin, just so they know i said hello. lol

heh np.

on a side note the track i race on is pretty tight with lots of corners and small straights, would it be worth going upwards to 29-30.5cc for more low end grunt (if i am getting a new crank i might as well either go 27.2cc's or right the way up to 30 odd)

my harm is full alloy everything anyway and should easely take the extra torque/

any info would be appreciated

been looking at these kits:

http://www.mmrlargescale.co.uk/shop/product/esp_modified_zenoah_27_2cc_kit/

with the +2mm stroker crank ill be looking at £150 gbp.

or this caught my eye:

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/ls...rub--motor.dichtungen.reperatur_big_bore,.htm

which is £100 or so shipped here (no import duty etc as its from europe :), it also has the cranks etc etc )

my car needs a new spur gear as i got debris caught in it so i can always ajust the gearing so the car is less likely to pull wheelies due to the torque.

one thing to check is if you have a CC limit at the track you race at. many do, so you may not be legal to run with some bigger motors.

no engine limit im told :D

decided to go for the esp 27.2 cc esp modofied head+ championship porting from ddm wit ha 2mm stuffed stroker. will have all the parts then to replace everything in this engine thats duff. works out at about £150 posted here which is not to bad.

will let you guys know how it works out

i have a full mod ESP 27.2 at 12ish gallons i rebuilt it with a new ring, new gaskets and new crank bearings. its still running strong and hard. have maybe 3 gallons on the rebuild now.

heres a quick vid of it with the CPI Big Bore tuned pipe, 813 carb, and my SB cage weighing in at 35.5 lbs with a full tank.

th_DSCN5880.jpg

be sure to flush out the bearings very well. not a bad idea to mayby replace them and the oil seals, just to be sure they didnt take any damage. ofcourse you can maybe roll the crank using the conrod and feel them over to see if something feels bad.

crank and rod look fine tbh. deffinatly nothing left in the crank bearings, been washed out and blown with an airline. my engine was pretty much brand new, would say it would have had maybe 2 gallons through it, no carbon on the piston tops or exhaust ports at all! very very clean inside and out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks