killer be kit 5 v1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSR260

right im getting this kit with the stocker radio for now
and will get a better one when i get abit more money....

a question... how do i turn off the stock failsafe? so it does'nt apply the
brakes? because ive looked around and people say you need to turn it
off so the killswitch works, is this true?

Cheers
Andy

The built in failsafe on my reciever works well with the killerbee. Though i haven't had any real runaway incident yet but i can't for the life of me see that it would be any different than turning off the sending unit :S

When I bind my radios I make sure the failsafe is set at neutral on both steering and throttle. I've had a burnt out throttle servo from accidental bumping the switch on and the model staying in failsafe.
My Killer failsafe cuts off the spark to the engine but the failsafe kicks the electronics to where I set it. If there is a catastrophic failure in the electronics my Killer Kill switch saves the model by cutting the spark and my servos stay in WOT or wherever my last move was.

Love my kill switch!!

Plus its real cool to drive up and shut it down like a real car!:D

hey i'm really confused im running a futaba 3pm 2.4ghz with the 3rd channel used for the front brake servo, so do i get the killer bee v2 or v1? will both kill the engine if i turn off the transmitter or flip the 3rd channel button? also will both v1 and v2 cut the engine if there is a lose connection etc lol confused

I think you need to have the Killswitch on its own channel. I run my MT the same way as you and will need to change to a 4channel or remove the front brake from the 3rd and run the killswitch on it and run your brakes on the throttle servo.

If this is not true and we can run it a diffrent way I would love to hear how!:w00t:

I think you need to have the Killswitch on its own channel. I run my MT the same way as you and will need to change to a 4channel or remove the front brake from the 3rd and run the killswitch on it and run your brakes on the throttle servo.

If this is not true and we can run it a diffrent way I would love to hear how!:w00t:

Why don't you run your brakes on the same channel as your throttle using a servo splitter? Free up 3rd channel for the kill switch?

Can't the front brake servo operate in both directions? If so then run a splitter problem solved

Last edited:
The front brake servo should only go one direction. I think I might do exactly what you are talking about but get a programmer and program the servo not to go forward. I would also think I should run the battery direct too.

The front brake servo should only go one direction. I think I might do exactly what you are talking about but get a programmer and program the servo not to go forward. I would also think I should run the battery direct too.

There ya go that would work also. Is it a Hydro brake set up? is that why you only want a singular direction?

fwiw, you can not turn off the onboard failsafes on any radio that i am aware of, they are always on i believe.

but what you CAN DO, is reset the failsafes for everything but your fail safe channel (have it set to kill the motor) and leave the rest at nuetral.

this way your servos to go centered/relaxed position, and your motor shuts down.
no need to run to the rig to turn it off so you don't burn up those failsafe enacted, and expensive servos.

hey i'm really confused im running a futaba 3pm 2.4ghz with the 3rd channel used for the front brake servo, so do i get the killer bee v2 or v1? will both kill the engine if i turn off the transmitter or flip the 3rd channel button? also will both v1 and v2 cut the engine if there is a lose connection etc lol confused

If all 3 of your channels are already used up then you need a v2 Killer Bee.

http://www.killerrc.com/faq/faq.php

well killer rc i bought my self a killer rc kill switch v2 but i didnt know that it does not work with a traxxas link 2.4ghz radio, what do i do sell the switch, or buy a new radio, will it work with spectrum dx3s or hk gtb3. pls advise or can i make my traxxas radio work with v2 (its not a v2-s)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks