Killer RC Rocker Switch Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep! I swapped mine as lance said to a protek push button style. Have had 2 or 3 of these switches now that can't handle bigbore vibrations and will just shut the rc off and you will lose all control. Mentioned this in my baja and vekta thread. Good to bump this though, and have an actual thread on it

Yep! I swapped mine as lance said to a protek push button style. Have had 2 or 3 of these switches now that can't handle bigbore vibrations and will just shut the rc off and you will lose all control. Mentioned this in my baja and vekta thread. Good to bump this though, and have an actual thread on it
such a shame yourself and lance are having issues with the killer switches john,
i'm sure someone else had the same problem but cant remember who it was,
i've always liked the look of the killer switches and have been gonna grab one or two for ages now, but think i may leave it now :)

Crap. Thanks for the heads up fellas! I replaced my bad stock switch with one on my rig.20210417_203926.jpg
I have not had a problem yet...but only put a gallon or so through the truck with it in.

Has anyone reached out to Killer Rc to let them know if the issue?

Links to what you guys are using instead?

Crap. Thanks for the heads up fellas! I replaced my bad stock switch with one on my rig.View attachment 76761
I have not had a problem yet...but only put a gallon or so through the truck with it in.

Has anyone reached out to Killer Rc to let them know if the issue?

Links to what you guys are using instead?

I messaged him a few times no luck. He has looked at it and never responded

Did your kill switch stop the engine but the rig kept rolling?
Yup cut off on my 34 baja dragster 1st and she rolled under a box truck. 2nd my 55 supreme w5 ultimate shutoff and rolled into a football field goal upright. Both sustained minimal damage but just wanted to let people know. I'm with @misterleon and @Haric and @John Parks with the protek/skyrc or xt60 switches.

Yup cut off on my 34 baja dragster 1st and she rolled under a box truck. 2nd my 55 supreme w5 ultimate shutoff and rolled into a football field goal upright. Both sustained minimal damage but just wanted to let people know. I'm with @misterleon and @Haric and @John Parks with the protek/skyrc or xt60 switches.
That could have been a bad crash especially for the dragster being on pavement

Thanks. You were lucky.

This seems like a relatively new issue. I think it’s to do with increased stiffness of a lot of our builds. I’ve had a killer rc switch that has never had an issue. Here’s the but though, it’s mounted to a plastic lid on a plastic box with rubber mounts on a plastic chassis. I could be talking total balls but it looks like a pattern to me.

Crucial with his carbon build and those with Krakens and other solid metal chassis rigs running a metal box, those models must suffer from worse vibration. In almost all cases stiffness is a better thing for handling, but the vibration passed to other parts is an issue that we only discover as we run over time. Big bores probably make the issues worse.

Its trial and error with this stuff because a lot of our stuff is very custom and fairly unique to each person.

I won’t get on to the subject of matching parts from different manufacturer. 🤣

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks