Killswitch failsafe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torred

New member here, new to 1/5 Scale. I've been lurking & reading random stuff on here for a bit now. Figured I might as well join up. Anyways...

I'm getting ready to get my new 5t 2.0 running & need a couple more things. One of which is a killswitch. Do I need to get one with built in failsafe? Or is a receiver failsafe good enough? Thanks

Welcome! The reciever fail safe only puts on the brakes when you loose signal, if for say the receiver battery gets unplugged, batter dies, ect, it will do nothing and your truck will have a run away and end up in a river or something, a kill switch, will prevent all of that, unless it itself breaks which is unlikely unless you get a Chinese POS one like the dynamite or rovan ks, the killer rc super bee kill switch is the best. So in summary, get a kill switch, its not that expensive (like $60) and will be worth it in the long run.

Thanks for the input. I forgot about receiver failsafe & brakes, makes perfect sense. Already got my eyes on the killer rc one. Do I really need to get buzzer alarm add on?

Thanks for the input. I forgot about receiver failsafe & brakes, makes perfect sense. Already got my eyes on the killer rc one. Do I really need to get buzzer alarm add on?
No not really, it just informed you when the receiver Powe is on and the transmitter is off or lost signal so it tells you to shut the electronics off so you don't damage your servos. If your forgetful, then Its helpful but for me, turning off the transmitter than my truck is like instinct now.

Welcome! The reciever fail safe only puts on the brakes when you loose signal, if for say the receiver battery gets unplugged, batter dies, ect, it will do nothing and your truck will have a run away and end up in a river or something, a kill switch, will prevent all of that, unless it itself breaks which is unlikely unless you get a Chinese POS one like the dynamite or rovan ks, the killer rc super bee kill switch is the best. So in summary, get a kill switch, its not that expensive (like $60) and will be worth it in the long run.
+1?? I was out last week and my battery got unplugged failsafe kicked in? took a few mins to work out what was the cause??(allways take tools on a run??) but saved my $2500 rig??

No not really, it just informed you when the receiver Powe is on and the transmitter is off or lost signal so it tells you to shut the electronics off so you don't damage your servos. If your forgetful, then Its helpful but for me, turning off the transmitter than my truck is like instinct now.

LOL....now I get that info. ,I have forgot an left mine on ,3 of my throttle servo's burned up!....Thnx!....(y)

Do I really need to get buzzer alarm add on?

Is the buzzer needed?
No. It will still work without the buzzer but the buzzer makes it 1000% easier to know if the killbee is engaged or what your low voltage cutoff is set to without having to "look" at the switch....you can tell by how many times the buzzer beeps.

And I think the killerbee comes with a buzzer anyway..... I do not remember having to buy a buzzer for mine...I've bought 3 kill switches so far...1 for each of my rigs...all 3 have buzzers.

Is the buzzer needed?
No. It will still work without the buzzer but the buzzer makes it 1000% easier to know if the killbee is engaged or what your low voltage cutoff is set to without having to "look" at the switch....you can tell by how many times the buzzer beeps.

And I think the killerbee comes with a buzzer anyway..... I do not remember having to buy a buzzer for mine...I've bought 3 kill switches so far...1 for each of my rigs...all 3 have buzzers.
? like what Whoduh says come with a buzzer plus with out it life will not be easy?

Use the buzzer. Reason being is your probably going to have the fail safe enclosed in your RX box and that being said your not going to be able to identify what mode the fail safe is currently in. The Killer Bee RC fail safe emits series of multiple beeps to inform the driver what the current mode is (i.e ignition enabled or disabled) . It also tells you the low voltage cutout setting also by a series of beeps. If you plan on having the fail safe outside the rx box then you obviously will be able to see the LED light flashes, and no need for the beeper.

When I was deciding on which one to go with awhile ago, I thought it was an option. Then I find out that DDM already includes the buzzer. After a couple runs, yeah the buzzer helps out a lot. Just wait for the beeps to stop & good to go. I currently have it in the receiver box, and that lid is quite a pain to put back on with the body on. I did get the led also, but waiting to put that in until I get an extension cable to put the kill in the battery box.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks