King motor T1000 34cc or Rovan Terminator 36cc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireman15

Trying to buy a 1/5 scale truck for my sons birthday. Trying to get the better truck. Which is the better truck ie plastics, engine less defects. Heard rumors that Rovans plastics are stronger is this true?
Thanks.

Trying to buy a 1/5 scale truck for my sons birthday. Trying to get the better truck. Which is the better truck ie plastics, engine less defects. Heard rumors that Rovans plastics are stronger is this true?
Thanks.
So let me break it down from the best of my knowledge (not a know it all btw) the engines from rovan and king motor are pretty much the same, most likely made by the same manufacturer, so niether is better than the other. Their engines are hit or miss really, some people have had great experience with em, some (myself included) have had bad experiences with them, I am not trying to scare you btw. Rovan generally has less unnecessary aluminum and more STRONGER nylon plastic (more flexible than the km stuff so in case of a impact, it will flex instead of just snapping) with a bigger engine (not by much so it probably won't make a noticable difference), king motor has weaker plastics, more (unnecessary in my opinion) aluminum, and a smaller engine. Personally, I'd go for the rovan becuase of the better plastic and bigger engine, it still has aluminum in the required spots though. Quality over quantity. Now electronics wise, the electronics are meh, throttle servo SUCKS, steering servo is meh in the speed and torque department, I still am running mine, some have had issues, I didn't. The included radio/transmitter/remote is complete trash as with 90% of the RTR vehicles, doesn't have adjustable anything and no third channel for a kill switch (I'll get more into that later). The wheels and tires are the same quality, maybe the km or rovan has a different tread from one another but I'm not sure. All in all, they are good vehicles for the money but there's a good amount of room for improvement, personally I'd go for their roller they sell and buy ur own engine,pipe, electronics, ect instead of dealing with the sub par stuff included in the RTR and build it urself with your son so you both know the ins and outs of it and you will know what broke if something broke and how exactly to fix it ?. Tips for large scale rc (I know you didn't specifically ask for this but I thought since you seem pretty new- nothing wrong with that- Ill throw it in anyways), make sure you invest in a kill switch!!!!!!! What is a kill switch? It stops the car from having a runaway invade of the battery dying, the remote looses connection, ect, you can also remotely shut off the engine from the remote, I suggest a Killer RC Super Bee kill switch. The cheaper options such as the dynamite one are actual garbage and don't last long (atleast for me and a couple others), the super bee has the least failure from what I read. And for the engine oil that u mix into the fuel, don't cheap out! Don't buy the $5 crap from Walmart. The best stuff is the stuff they sell for 2 stroke dirtbikes such as Klotz, Amsoil Intercepter, Amsoil Dominator, anything Motul, Maxima 927, ect, sure it's more expensive but it will protect the engines internals unlike the cheap crap. I have alot more to say about parts and upgrades for these trucks but I'll save that for later as your not there yet and I don't want to overload you with stuff.
Edit: I see you've joined in 2011 so you probably know some of this stuff

Last edited:
So let me break it down from the best of my knowledge (not a know it all btw) the engines from rovan and king motor are pretty much the same, most likely made by the same manufacturer, so niether is better than the other. Their engines are hit or miss really, some people have had great experience with em, some (myself included) have had bad experiences with them, I am not trying to scare you btw. Rovan generally has less unnecessary aluminum and more STRONGER nylon plastic (more flexible than the km stuff so in case of a impact, it will flex instead of just snapping) with a bigger engine (not by much so it probably won't make a noticable difference), king motor has weaker plastics, more (unnecessary in my opinion) aluminum, and a smaller engine. Personally, I'd go for the rovan becuase of the better plastic and bigger engine, it still has aluminum in the required spots though. Quality over quantity. Now electronics wise, the electronics are meh, throttle servo SUCKS, steering servo is meh in the speed and torque department, I still am running mine, some have had issues, I didn't. The included radio/transmitter/remote is complete trash as with 90% of the RTR vehicles, doesn't have adjustable anything and no third channel for a kill switch (I'll get more into that later). The wheels and tires are the same quality, maybe the km or rovan has a different tread from one another but I'm not sure. All in all, they are good vehicles for the money but there's a good amount of room for improvement, personally I'd go for their roller they sell and buy ur own engine,pipe, electronics, ect instead of dealing with the sub par stuff included in the RTR and build it urself with your son so you both know the ins and outs of it and you will know what broke if something broke and how exactly to fix it ?. Tips for large scale rc (I know you didn't specifically ask for this but I thought since you seem pretty new- nothing wrong with that- Ill throw it in anyways), make sure you invest in a kill switch!!!!!!! What is a kill switch? It stops the car from having a runaway invade of the battery dying, the remote looses connection, ect, you can also remotely shut off the engine from the remote, I suggest a Killer RC Super Bee kill switch. The cheaper options such as the dynamite one are actual garbage and don't last long (atleast for me and a couple others), the super bee has the least failure from what I read. And for the engine oil that u mix into the fuel, don't cheap out! Don't buy the $5 crap from Walmart. The best stuff is the stuff they sell for 2 stroke dirtbikes such as Klotz, Amsoil Intercepter, Amsoil Dominator, anything Motul, Maxima 927, ect, sure it's more expensive but it will protect the engines internals unlike the cheap crap. I have alot more to say about parts and upgrades for these trucks but I'll save that for later as your not there yet and I don't want to overload you with stuff.
Edit: I see you've joined in 2011 so you probably know some of this stuff

Yeah I did join in 2011. I didn’t really get back on here for awhile because some people posted some nasty comments to my questions. Ok I guess I’ll be looking into the Rovan Terminator then. I would like nylon bendable plastics over brittle plastics that shatter. As far as experience I’ve owned some traxxas nitro trucks. I absolutely hated them. They were hard to start, and very picky with Engine settings. I would hope that 1/5 scale is more forgiving IE chain saw engine.

Yeah I did join in 2011. I didn’t really get back on here for awhile because some people posted some nasty comments to my questions. Ok I guess I’ll be looking into the Rovan Terminator then. I would like nylon bendable plastics over brittle plastics that shatter. As far as experience I’ve owned some traxxas nitro trucks. I absolutely hated them. They were hard to start, and very picky with Engine settings. I would hope that 1/5 scale is more forgiving IE chain saw engine.
Yeah back then (2011) clones were total Garbage, but now they are ok, so that's we're all the hate came from , and back then it was a less forgiving community I guess. It's gotten better for sure ? and yeah, gas is alot easier than nitro as long as you tune em right, but they are certainly less picky than nitro and hold a tune much much longer

Yeah back then (2011) clones were total Garbage, but now they are ok, so that's we're all the hate came from , and back then it was a less forgiving community I guess. It's gotten better for sure ? and yeah, gas is alot easier than nitro as long as you tune em right, but they are certainly less picky than nitro and hold a tune much much longer

Now you know why my clone is dirty ,it is what it is!.......

I actually own the Rovan Terminator. If you do some research you will find that Rovan and KM are the same exact distributor locations out in New York. Im guessing both brands are slapped together at the main production factory in China. Keep in mind the Rovan is NOT an exact Baja copy. Rovans use many prepritary parts. Rovan quality is pretty crappy, but cheap to get into a 1/5 . Do some searching using my user name and you will get a ton of feedback on the Terminator. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks