king motor t1000?...or hpi baja 5t?...rovan????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i finally have $1,200 saved up! took about 5 months but i did it (i bought a brand new harley that has me eating ramen noodles for the next 7 years) so saving money is not easy, being that im starting school, have a harley payment and house and insurance and truck don't get the best mileage. but i cannot for the life of me give up my r/c hobby even if it breaks me. so i ask anyone out there who can give me their honest opinion if the KM T1000 is worth hte money?!?! thats kinda my favorite by choice right now. the one i found is $750 with 2 speed trans and 29.5cc motor. the hpi is $1,200 at its cheapest that i have seen. i cant find much for rovan myself. i could really use some good advice. do these things honestly break that easily?!? i really really want the truck design, but the baja buggy i found for $900 has ALL aluminum everything, then you i could convert it into a truck maybe?! i don't know what to do. thank you all very much for the help i appreciate it alot!

i finally have $1,200 saved up! took about 5 months but i did it (i bought a brand new harley that has me eating ramen noodles for the next 7 years) so saving money is not easy, being that im starting school, have a harley payment and house and insurance and truck don't get the best mileage. but i cannot for the life of me give up my r/c hobby even if it breaks me. so i ask anyone out there who can give me their honest opinion if the KM T1000 is worth hte money?!?! thats kinda my favorite by choice right now. the one i found is $750 with 2 speed trans and 29.5cc motor. the hpi is $1,200 at its cheapest that i have seen. i cant find much for rovan myself. i could really use some good advice. do these things honestly break that easily?!? i really really want the truck design, but the baja buggy i found for $900 has ALL aluminum everything, then you i could convert it into a truck maybe?! i don't know what to do. thank you all very much for the help i appreciate it alot!

MAAANNN,,,I was wondering the same thing..But after reading a lot of stuff on a bunch of forums...I figured the reliability of all of the 1/5 stuff is just a coin toss and LUCK...Thats why i went with the KM 2spd/30.5 buggy...I mean they all are BIG,,FAST,,AND BAD-ASS!!...And because of that they all will break and cost a bunch of money...So just do your own thing and enjoy..
:rock-on::party-time:

WITH THE NEW SC TRUCK OUT i WOULD LOOK AROUND FOR A REAL NICE USED 5T WITH A LOT OF HOP UPS ALREADY ON IT... IM SURE THERE WILL BE A FEW GUYS SELLING SOME NICE RIGS

do you guys by any chance know if the quietest pipe you can buy?? im talkin like silent..my neighbors hate me already and all i have is stock nitro trucks

do you guys by any chance know if the quietest pipe you can buy?? im talkin like silent..my neighbors hate me already and all i have is stock nitro trucks
My Mielke side pipe is supposed to be the quietest one around, but far more importantly, the exhaust not is "neighbour friendly", not that harsh "in your face" bark that many pipes have.

Exhaust: If you want performance, it's going to be loud. Some less loud than others, but still loud. If noise is more of a consern than power, the muffler (not tuned pipe) that comes on the base HPI baja with a silencer is about as quiet as you can get.

Which Machine:
You said a couple things that when added to other facts, lead to an obvious choice as I see it. 1) It took you 5 months to save the money. That said, you don't want to use it all right away because you if something breaks you'll be down for a while., especially if you damage an aluminum part. Also, you won't have much to mod with. 2) Neighbors; That's means you'll be likely driving it in a neighborhood for which most consist of streets and yards where there are concrete curbs, storm drains, trees, cars, fire hydrants, mail boxes, etc. That said, I wouldn't get a car with aluminum arms. You're going to hit something and bend them or break them. Plastic will flex in some situations where aluminum will bend and stay bent. Aluminum will also look less and less attractive as it fades and scratches. Back to the neighborhood thing.... If this will be your main running spot, you may not need too much speed to have fun. Its a big machine and requires a lot of space.

In general, even if you don't damage the aluminum arms, if the pivot areas are not lined with plastic (Delrin being on of the best lining materials), there will be wear of the aluminum arm on the steel pins. I'm a huge fan of RPM nylon components, which is what I will be getting after the first break.

So I say, of the chioces you mentioned, get the KM truck instead of the HPI and converted KM 2.0.

Another thing to note, those truck bodies aren't cheap and concrete loves eating them when the truck flips.

my neighbors hate me already and all i have is stock nitro trucks

You will have nothing to loose then. Not sure where you are located but you just make sure to get inside before the police show up and quick run out and start weed whipping the lawn. When they arrive you just smile and wave. After a few calls the officers will remember its just you cutting the lawn. :lol:

Metoo, I disagree with your first point.. It is NOT the loudness but the "raspiness" of the noise, My Mielke is way less objectionable than the stock canister muffler. You DON'T have to put up with a noise which will annoy your neighbours. A gas buggy with a pipe like a Mielke is heaps less annoying than the scream of a nitro motors too. Maybe you could see if you could make peace with your neighbours rather than pushing them to see what they will do when they are really p1ssed off.

I agree on your second point though - aluminium arms and gutters etc don't mix.

+1 with Tony.I agree that you don't need a loud exhaust for performance.I used Samba's when I owned all my FG's and they went like bullets and were quiet as well.
I have a KM and a 5T.The KM has a cloned DDM Dom v1 and the 5T has a Jetpro v3.They were loud but give the same performance as the Samba's.
J.

To all of you who offer your advice to me i really to thank you very much. To add to what MeToo had said about where i run, i have a soccer firld in my town that is never used for soccer, literally nobody there EVER with about 1/4 mile by 1/8 mile solid mowed grass i love it! but, on 3 sides it is surrounded by neighborhood. I live in southern MN, right on I90 in Fairmont, and i literally am the only owner of any R/C anything within 2 hours driving distance! i have a plain and a few nitro monsters and stadium trucks, and a few electric all 1/10th scale, and 1/5 scale electric. I want so bad to get a 1/5 scale gas, so i think i am going to go for the KM T1000 with side mielke. I considered just getting the KM baja buggy with the 23cc motor for $450 new! just so i start cheap and if i have good luck with the pipes and noise and side come summer ill get the T1000. To be completely honest i just wish i had more damn money! haha..but don't we all...

Nielsen, I reckon buying the 23cc version makes a lot of sense, as the wear & tear will be less than with a bigger motor, and you will still have plenty of grunt with the Mielke.

Soccer field? That changes things. With that in mind, I definitely wouldn’t get a 23cc. On a soccer field, it will look like its crawling. If you were driving in an area with obstacles, you’d have a lot more fun with a 23cc than in an open field. If you do get a 23cc and plan to run in that field, bring along some cones and a ramp or two. This will focus you on a smaller area with dictated turns and something to aim for, making acceleration and steering a larger part of the fun versus high speed.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks