King Motor T1000 Throttlle Linkage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fargophil

Trying to fix a nagging starting problem by replacing the carburetor. Got the old cab loose from the engine but it tis still attached to the throttle linkage. Looking at it I cant see a logical way to remove the linkage from the carburetor arm. Any secret tips available rather than just manhandle it off ?

Trying to fix a nagging starting problem by replacing the carburetor. Got the old cab loose from the engine but it tis still attached to the throttle linkage. Looking at it I cant see a logical way to remove the linkage from the carburetor arm. Any secret tips available rather than just manhandle it off ?

I always just take the lever itself off the carb were it screws to!

Removing of the screws would be easier if King Kong wasn't in charge of installing them at the Walbro factory. Those little rascals were definitely not going to vibrate loose!

Additional question. When reinstalling the carb lever does the brake rod go on the bottom of the two linkages so it Is basically straight?. Seems logical. and what is the best, meaning easiest way to get the lever back on? Put the carb in place and then somehow get the lever on or try doing it with the carb loose. I ask because I tried the second ay with no luck.
Thanks for all your help. Back in the day I used to race WCM GN and Sprint cars. They were much easier to work on.

Additional question. When reinstalling the carb lever does the brake rod go on the bottom of the two linkages so it Is basically straight?. Seems logical. and what is the best, meaning easiest way to get the lever back on? Put the carb in place and then somehow get the lever on or try doing it with the carb loose. I ask because I tried the second ay with no luck.
Thanks for all your help. Back in the day I used to race WCM GN and Sprint cars. They were much easier to work on.
IMG_20200513_234927.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks