King Motor x2 build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7F685E1E-FEFA-45B0-8194-B80C601E60B8.jpeg1BE08738-10A7-47D5-8A92-18D53D32FD9B.jpeg143BCCDC-47D4-4D57-8C8A-89937621D434.jpeg
Soldered new wires into the d840 seems to behaving itself now. Seen as I’ve got a lot of time at the moment thought I’d strip down to clean it out, noticed the centre diff was weeping. Ended up snapping a screw in the tower, drilled and tapped it ok. Question is where can you get replacement screws from it’s a modified rc tower, because I’ve put a full threaded one in there and the pads don’t move as freely?

I’ve put another one in there same length, but the brake screws in there before had a stop and not threaded all the way, so the pads don’t bind and catch on it. Just wondering if anyone knew where to get them from

I was going to say that they were referred as shoulder screws or bolts ,you can also use fuel tubing to shim
your brake plates ,it keep them from binding!

I don't use the tubing on my Baja ,but I use the silicone tubing on my nitro brake.I cut the right length to go
between the plates ,just enough to keep the plates from rubbing the disk when the brakes are not engaged ,
the tubing is soft an will squish down when the brakes are applied!...:cool:

??That’s what I needed to know shoulder bolts, cheers
I was going to say that they were referred as shoulder screws or bolts ,you can also use fuel tubing to shim
your brake plates ,it keep them from binding!

I don't use the tubing on my Baja ,but I use the silicone tubing on my nitro brake.I cut the right length to go
between the plates ,just enough to keep the plates from rubbing the disk when the brakes are not engaged ,
the tubing is soft an will squish down when the brakes are applied!...:cool:
I may just try a bit of fuel line in there, not sure if it will work but got enough time to see?

EF0A19A9-A376-4A86-B512-9820DE8A7C62.jpeg
Been a while since I updated this. Stripped apart to clean it out, not sure what you guys are using but this works well https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/rock-oil-dirt-blaster-cleaner-1l-pump-610.html . Found all 3 diffs to be leaking front and rear the o rings looked like they’ve been chewed on and little orange bits coming out with the oil. Centre leaking on the gasket. All rebuilt 50K gone in the front, 100k centre and 30 in the rear. New fuel filter and lines since I had a set left from my baja days. New antenna gone on as the guy I bought it off was using a straw and it looked terrible. Started up this afternoon ok, had to adjust the steering trims noticed last time I took it out it was veering to the right all the time. I’ve adjusted them so it pulls straight now, my question is turning left is ok turning right the servo doesn’t seem to be moving a lot giving a massive turning circle, EPA on the right is at 100%. Any advice

First bash since lockdown, steering sorted changed the servo linkages and moved the position of the servo horn. Brakes managed to come loose with the little grub screw at the top, you guys just putting loctite on that? Also once I noticed the brakes have stopped switched off put it back in, and the cable just came out and wouldn’t retract for the pull start. It almost feels too tight, there’s a bit of damage on the pull start and adjustment in these or just a new one? If so what you using
41AB7BF1-0DF9-48A7-AA61-1EDD2F66DB7E.jpeg9DE8FD29-FF98-414E-A3E8-0DE9B7962DC8.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks