King Motors Baja pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbl302

I Have a King Motors Baja with a Zenoah 290. The pipe I installed is an SS (Ghost) style pipe. The cheapest at the time, better than the Zen's canister exhaust, which wouldnt fit on the Baja anyway. Has anybody had one of these pipes and upgraded to another style pipe and seen better power.They are compact and fit well,but Im thinking they might not be good for performance. Im going to install a ported cylinder from DDM, and thinking I might need a better style pipe. Other style pipes seem to have a much larger volume than the Ghost style pipes, thinking they might have better mid to top end power. Any thoughts.

Last edited:
Get the DDM Dominator V2, thats what I am running now on my Zenoah 29. I originally tried the SS pipe like you, then tried a clone of the Bartolone Afterburner. The Dom V2 out performs them both hands down.
You could go with the KM "Chrome Steel Pipe" for money savings, but I don't know how well they cloned it to the Dom V2 pipe as I haven't tried it.

Last edited:
I have run the Thor pipe, Dom clone and the VRC clone side pipe and found the Thor to be the worst... Dom was the best bottom end mid power and the VRC style pipe was the best for mid to top end. I have the v1 clone on the buggy and side pipe on the truck and the Thor in the trash!

I have run the Thor pipe, Dom clone and the VRC clone side pipe and found the Thor to be the worst... Dom was the best bottom end mid power and the VRC style pipe was the best for mid to top end. I have the v1 clone on the buggy and side pipe on the truck and the Thor in the trash!

I am trying these will let you know how it go...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ya the thor pipe was def A disappointment. The cpi's seem like a great pipe but the knockoff is obviously not the same. The dragon pipe however is a fantastic pipe.It is a copy of the predator pipe and it rocks.

Yeah it was... I cut the can off and found that there was a 3/16 hole that separated the expansion chamber from the can with the duel bleeds.. It was choking the hell out of my FM. I did cut off the can and welded a stinger to the expansion and woke it up.

If you read up on two stroke theory and research, the shape of that pipe is not the best for optimal performance. If it was a four stroke, it probably would be fine.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks