Sold / Found King Motors buggy with SX5 Sidewinder cage / body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbl302

King Motors buggy with Kraken SX5 Sidewinder cage / body. Bought as a buggy roller( didnt want the crappy motor or cheap electronics) and installed a new Zenoah RC290 from DDM, and electronics.Added a modded cylinder and Dominator pipe from DDM Motors. With GPM aluminum insert rims. Wider stance front and rear. Upgraded brakes.
Grew tired of the buggy look, added the SX5 Kraken cage/ body. Its not a make it fit part, they're made for the Baja buggys, it bolts right on. As you can see in the second pic of the rear with the 2 pins and clips. Well made, and they're not cheap. Can use quick release pins for easy access, but I bolted it on good. Still easy to remove for access. Lots of other upgrades. Kept clean. Used only a few times, runs greats. Starts in 1 or 2 pulls and very low maintenance. Its loud, and you need a big place to let it run.

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0019.JPG

Last edited:
Making room for my next winter project. Will be doing an X-Maxx project. Will not ship. local pickup only. NO TRADES. I need nothing. Old guy car not abused. Ask any questions. $550.00. NE North Carolina, SE Virginia area.
Short video on Youtube at, E City sidewinder 2

Still available. Took this pic today. Looking for a local if possible. $500

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 20
Hey thanks. Its ashamed I don't take it out more. Looking to build something not soo loud I can play with in the yard, and not piss off the neighbors.

That is the best roll cage for me.

Can you tell me the height of the cage and the how much Widht it is?

Since here in Portugal there arent kraken SX5 cages in the stores, and to buy one from out side Portugal is to expensive the shipment, I can try and do one similiar.

That's too bad you're not local. I'd like to sell just the body. I'm doing something else with chassis. Its 9" wide and 9" tall and about 32" long. I took pics of the mounting points if you have a buggy.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 17
That's too bad you're not local. I'd like to sell just the body. I'm doing something else with chassis. Its 9" wide and 9" tall and about 32" long. I took pics of the mounting points if you have a buggy.

Thanks for the pictures, that is great, from that I can have some ideas how to do that roll cage, yes I have a baja 5b that I would love to have that cage on it, mayby now that you gave me does informations I can make mine ;)

Is the 9" from the back scoop our from the front?

Measuring just the roll cage. Its 9" tall at the rear by the wing. 8" tall at the front by the window net.
Here is a pic of a cage by Rovan to go by if you want to make something like this. With mounting points. Just add your own panels.

Attachments

• cage.jpg
    cage.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 11
Measuring just the roll cage. Its 9" tall at the rear by the wing. 8" tall at the front by the window net.
Here is a pic of a cage by Rovan to go by if you want to make something like this. With mounting points. Just add your own panels.

Thank you jbl for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks