KM Baja 5 30.5 Keeps flooding Please Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captgene

Great forum and info..
Last Year I purchased a King Motor Baja with a 30.5 Fuelie. Well it ran fine out of box I used it about 2 tanks Then with kids haven't had time to use it .So it just sat. We now my 6 yr son asked me about my RC trunk. So several weeka ago I tried to start it . Well it flooded I then sprayed carb clean and changed spark plug and finally got it to run .It seemed to run fine .. So now weeks later I tried to start it again and it keep to keep flooding just after 3 pulls. It doesn't want to start. There is good spark .... Fuel seems fine ,fuel in bulb. What am i doing wrong. .I am thinking the float in carb is stuck or something. There is gas coming out exhaust pipe after just few pulls...plug all wet too .. I now have to hope my RC gas (zen)boats will start after sitting for years. I now realize with the junk they place in gas today not to leave it in carb or will get gummed up... Please help .. My son is so excited but I can get it to start ....

Great forum and info..
Last Year I purchased a King Motor Baja with a 30.5 Fuelie. Well it ran fine out of box I used it about 2 tanks Then with kids haven't had time to use it .So it just sat. We now my 6 yr son asked me about my RC trunk. So several weeka ago I tried to start it . Well it flooded I then sprayed carb clean and changed spark plug and finally got it to run .It seemed to run fine .. So now weeks later I tried to start it again and it keep to keep flooding just after 3 pulls. It doesn't want to start. There is good spark .... Fuel seems fine ,fuel in bulb. What am i doing wrong. .I am thinking the float in carb is stuck or something. There is gas coming out exhaust pipe after just few pulls...plug all wet too .. I now have to hope my RC gas (zen)boats will start after sitting for years. I now realize with the junk they place in gas today not to leave it in carb or will get gummed up... Please help .. My son is so excited but I can get it to start ....
Hi mate
Are you following the starting procedure ok ?
1 prime the fuel bulb
2 choke the carb
3 give it a few pulls until you here a pop like it wants to start
4 take choke off
5 a few pulls untill it starts
If you are pulling the pull start without choking the carb then it will keep flooding the engine , take out your spark plug and turn the car on its side and pull the pull start untill all the excess fuel comes out , let it sit , dry your plug off from fuel and try again but I would advise you to try a new plug in it even though its only a few weeks old ,
Rob

Imo sounds like carb issues. It is true about the ethenyl in today's fuel causing problems when sitting. Always use stabilizer and you won't have an issue. Are you priming To much? If plug is soaked take it out turn buggy upside down and pull a few times to clear it out. Also check diaphragm carb if they dry rot from sitting it won't regulate properly. Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dgggy

Its doesn't really pop. maybe I low pop but then after just few pulls its flooded

DEN
how do I can carb ? Does it have a float which can be stuck

I will get new plug too..... do i have to use high octane gas ? think i used 89

Make sure your carb needles are at factory settings , screw the high and low speed needles clockwise until they are closed then open the low speed needle 1 1/4 turns out and the high speed needle 1 3/8 turns out and screw in your idle screw a bit to keep up the revvs as your at factory settings , you may already be since your buggy is fairly new and on 2 tanks still ? I don't know if you tuned it yet ! Make sure your carb , air filter and exhaust are tight and ok , make sure you got spark , check your head bolts just to be sure , if flooded turn the buggy on its side or better upside down a little with the plug out and pull a few times to get the fuel out of the engine and have a new plug ready , make sure your exhaust is not blocked up or anything and your filter is ok and start again ,
Hope you get her going mate !
Rob

Well its looks like I will need purchase a New Walbro 668 for my buggy. I had the bright idea this morning to spray carb clean into the gas intake of the carb and guess what ?Iit will not prime now.
I guess it melted somthing inside....

Question
1) Looking at the carb how do you tell high and low adjustment screws apart ??
2) Torch CMR7H spark plug came with KM buggy. When I changed the plug several weeks ago they give me a NGK CMR7H .Once installed it higher then the Torch plug which make it difficult to install the black plastic cover over the spark plug.wire .. any suggestions.....

Who should i contact to purchase spark plug and new carb ?

Thanks guys.... I will get this Rc buggy started if not ...I am ready to swap my Air cooled RC Zen motor from my RC boat but would rather get this clone (30.5 fuelie) working ....

What carb has your KM got on it, i'd get a Walbro 668 as the KM carbs aren't the best imo...

Hi mate

Well its looks like I will need purchase a New Walbro 668 for my buggy. I had the bright idea this morning to spray carb clean into the gas intake of the carb and guess what ?Iit will not prime now.
I guess it melted somthing inside....

Question
1) Looking at the carb how do you tell high and low adjustment screws apart ??
2) Torch CMR7H spark plug came with KM buggy. When I changed the plug several weeks ago they give me a NGK CMR7H .Once installed it higher then the Torch plug which make it difficult to install the black plastic cover over the spark plug.wire .. any suggestions.....

Who should i contact to purchase spark plug and new carb ?

Thanks guys.... I will get this Rc buggy started if not ...I am ready to swap my Air cooled RC Zen motor from my RC boat but would rather get this clone (30.5 fuelie) working ....

Hi mate if your looking at the carb there is two needle screws and below is a idle screw !
The low speed needle is closest to your engine ! You will see it probably has h & l on these needles if you want factory settings turn them clockwise until the stop , don't force em closed just until they stop , then screw out your low speed buy 1 and 1/4 turns out "anticlockwise " and your high speed out 1 and 3/8 " anticlockwise and you are there . Screw your idle in a little to keep up the revs until your started and then you can adjust everything , there is a thread as a sticky at the top of this page called the secret if engine tuning , it will help you when you get your new carb !
Hope your sorted soon mate !
Try eBay for your plug and carb you can pick em up cheap

Wont start Still

I give up !!! Just replaced with Walbro 668 new carb and after installing it and making adjustment as suggested below .I pulled the cord and it popped like it wanted to start then nothing ,then tried without choke and nothing ,then flooded again. ,took out plug drain gas ckoked it again ,plug all wet ,then waiting to dry and cant get it to start .keep flooding. I have a good sprak when I place plug against exhaust pipe metal .PS Used new spark plug too. So at this poinit it going on Ebay ASKING $375.00 with paypal FIRM plus shipping .I still have orginal paperpwork and box. I used this car about 4 times then had it sitting for around a year. then got it running several weeks ago and now cant get it started.... Going to purchase battery RC next. So my 6 yr can play with it and not worry about gas ....

You could always go to hobbytheck for your carb & plug & buy it new
Try Rc car online .de that's they're website :)

Well took my son out on my boat fishing. then got home regaped spark plug at.40 then it started right up. What is right gapping for the plug ?
Run fine until I lose the nut off the rear wheel....I am going to place my King Baha 5 on ebay and get eletric trunk instead ..Any $$$

plug should be between .025-.030,
by reading what you been posting sounds like your not letting it choke out till it putters, your just getting a pop but not a slight rev,
when your using the choke wait till you get a slight rev then open the choke

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks