KM Baja 5b Won't Idle !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eatdrinkRC

I have just replaced all 3 intake manifold gaskets and replaced spark plug with NGK...I can't seem get it to idle at all ! I have turned idle screw out all the way and adjusted servo so its not even close to opening jet still have a very fast idle...Please HELP !!!!

The throttle shaft could be worn badly and allowing air to pass between it and the carb body.
Check the shaft clearance at each end and if there is excessive movement then you might be up for a new shaft.

Well it does have stock KM carb ! Like you I'm thinking upgrade...What do you think would be the best to go with in your opinion ?

I use the 668 walbro.
One of the easiest the start.
Good performance.
Easy to tune.
Reliable.

This is my choice and I'm sure other users will chime in.

the 668 is the carb that comes with the KM it is an ok carb and as sated easy to start. If you are comfortable with a carb without the prime bulb the 990 will give better performance especially with a shred stack.

the 668 is the carb that comes with the KM it is an ok carb and as sated easy to start. If you are comfortable with a carb without the prime bulb the 990 will give better performance especially with a shred stack.

The king motor cars I have worked on in the past have a "clone" 668 carb.... It's not actually branded as a walbro. I have not worked on one for a couple of years so things could be different now.

Also the 990 does have a primer bulb, it doesn't have a choke.

Walbro 990

I have a New Walbro 990 ! When i installed it was cold and very hard to start ! Living in Missouri the temp is now warm enough to try again... A big thanks to everyones help with this problem> May I do the same for each one of you some day...Thanks Again ,Ken

The king motor cars I have worked on in the past have a "clone" 668 carb.... It's not actually branded as a walbro. I have not worked on one for a couple of years so things could be different now.

Also the 990 does have a primer bulb, it doesn't have a choke.

Oops sorry you are correct I meant the choke and not the primer bulb and yes they still come with a clone 668 thats why they are hit and miss

I have a New Walbro 990 ! When i installed it was cold and very hard to start ! Living in Missouri the temp is now warm enough to try again... A big thanks to everyones help with this problem> May I do the same for each one of you some day...Thanks Again ,Ken

If its hard to start put a plastic bag over the air fliter and pull the cord slowly a few times then take the bag off and it should fire right up.

sounds like an air leak, start the car and spray carb cleaner around the carb and the isolater block if the idle goes down or the car quits, got an air leak

sounds like an air leak, start the car and spray carb cleaner around the carb and the isolater block if the idle goes down or the car quits, got an air leak
I'm not so sold on that air leak thing. A Brand New Walbro carb will suck air through the throttle lever! They are not an air tight seal.

Needle!

I use a hypo needle full of gas and shoot my car up and bammmmmmm she fires needle goes right thru filter with no damage:lol::w00t:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks