KM Baja.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

Well Known Member
Here it is ,the vid is old ,but the buggy is still the same ,I am going to try to do some upgrades this summer!

Here ,I was testing a piston swap ,I changed a single ring pist to a 2 ring pist. to see if I gain a little more
compression ratio ,I don't remember the out come ,I will have to break it out an fire it up ,but ,it did
still run good ,so ,I will just leave the Shindaiwa piston in ,it is about 20 years old!

Last edited:
Here is another test run in the street ,nothing spectactler!

An here was the last time that I had it in dirt ,I didnt have no one to shoot vid!
I will try to break it out ,an get it out in the field for a real run!

Here was mine when I first got it. View attachment 51905

And here it is now lmao
View attachment 51906

I was just looking at the blade just now ,I like the look of the body ,but further examining it ,it looks like
it is set up on the same format of a regular Baja like mine!

Are they the same with just different cage & body ,if so ,then rather painting my panels up ,I may be
able to purchase a blade body!
I will get to performance later ,as I really want a larger engine!

Oh ,Nice ride ,I love it!.....(y)

You'll need the cage to. If you buy the blade body/ cage it comes with the mounts to convert it over from a 5b style.

here was mine almost stock, it just had trencher tires, shock socks, kill switch, and that plug guard thingy, was pretty powerful, would occasionally wheelie, was really fun ? until the engine blew ??
Screenshot_20190612-175242.jpg
Here's it now, still incomplete as you know. But soon will be finished
IMG_20190512_143346.jpg
IMG_20190512_143741.jpg
IMG_20190527_163524.jpg
Here was mine when I first got it. View attachment 51905

And here it is now lmao
View attachment 51906
That thing looks mean. Love it, great job

You'll need the cage to. If you buy the blade body/ cage it comes with the mounts to convert it over from a 5b style.

Thanks ,.....LOL....it was almost like you were in my brain seeing what I was thinking ,because I was somewhere looking
at one ,then I come back to my post ,an here you are ,that is creepy!.....

Just messing with you ,it could be a sign!.....:cool:

Thanks ,.....LOL....it was almost like you were in my brain seeing what I was thinking ,because I was somewhere looking
at one ,then I come back to my post ,an here you are ,that is creepy!.....

Just messing with you ,it could be a sign!.....:cool:

Haha good timing I guess

Haha good timing I guess

When I do break out my Baja ,I want to make some changes to it ,that's why I was looking at that ride ,it does
have a better look than the original ,an it is the same format ,the cage an body panels look awesome!....

I also would like to go with a different tire & wheel set up ,not as wide that is on it ,but just slightly skinnier ,
Like the one in the top of your pic with clear body!

I don't like big bulky tires in certain applications!

I do have those tires and wheels still if you are interested in them. Basically brand new still, cant use them with the engine in it. The second pic with it all painted, those are BRP wheels and tires. About the only thing that can handle big power. I've had 3 or 4 sets and there my favorite.

I do have those tires and wheels still if you are interested in them. Basically brand new still, cant use them with the engine in it. The second pic with it all painted, those are BRP wheels and tires. About the only thing that can handle big power. I've had 3 or 4 sets and there my favorite.

Thnx for the offer ,may take you up on it ,but I don't want to jump in to nothing yet on this ,sometimes ,I wait an see what else
comes my way!
I am also focused on just a little bit more power ,the 23 just don't cut it ,so I am going to shop around!
This stuff is expensive ,so I got to watch what I am purchasing at a time!...:cool:

Oh dam, yea first thing I would get lined up is a engine. Those 23 are pretty terrible for power lol

Lol....That's why it still runs good an sat in the shed for nearly 10 yrs , my nitro's will smoke it in any given
time on a whim!
LOL....My big Rc's are in that shed in the pic ,the door has a deadbolt with a metal flange covering the latch ,I lost my key ,
so I will have to break out the Dewalt to get my Baja out!

Last edited:
Haha that will do it! I've had a few savages with some LRP engines and the power to weight ratio is almost untouchable with a nitro and a big engine in them. I was into them for a few years until I got my first 1/5. About a month after that I sold everything as a lot lol. Never looked back and still haven't. Every once in awhile a savage catches my eye but have yet to buy another lol. My rcmax engines in my 1/5 scales though are something else. Sold my losi 5ive and 65cc engine here this last week so looking at a new 5ive-t 2.0.

Haha that will do it! I've had a few savages with some LRP engines and the power to weight ratio is almost untouchable with a nitro and a big engine in them. I was into them for a few years until I got my first 1/5. About a month after that I sold everything as a lot lol. Never looked back and still haven't. Every once in awhile a savage catches my eye but have yet to buy another lol. My rcmax engines in my 1/5 scales though are something else. Sold my losi 5ive and 65cc engine here this last week so looking at a new 5ive-t 2.0.

There is a new BBQ ,right by there ,not in pic with a that bag of briquets ,It may side track me from getting in there!....
There is a new BBQ ,right by there ,not in pic with a that bag of briquets ,It may side track me from getting in there!....

LOL....ooops!

Last edited:

LOL....yea but ,every now & then ,an old RC10 catches my eye ,I wished I never got rid of my rc10 buggy gold pan &
my Losi Jr 2 ,along with a bunch of RC's like my boats & planes ,now ,I don't ever turn loose of my RC's!

Well ,I finally got in my shed today ,got it out ,it needs a cleaning an the carb put back on ,I don't remember why
I took it off ,there was nothing wrong with it!

I will start tomorrow ,takes some pics of it!...:cool:

Bout time!

Yea ,been busy ,an my shed was barricaded ,full of wasp!

I just looked at it ,I took the filter off the carb for some reason ,I don't like the original set up an was going
to buy something different ,as I it is starting to come back to me ,the Baja runs ,I want to put it back to see
if it will run before I break it down ,I want to break it down to inspect the running gear & clutch ,as I never
had problems with it an I never had it apart before ,it is virgin!....LOL

But ,from hanging around an listening or reading what folks are talking about ,is wanting me to check the stuff
out before I start actually running it again!...:cool:
I still have original un-painted body panels ,I also already have a airbrush set up ,all I need is colors an ,oh yea ,
a color scheme!....LOL...However ,I always liked the look as a raw buggy look!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks