Ko-Propo EX1 killswitch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjiball

Hi all I’m fairly new to large scale I have acquired a second hand Losi 5T I came with a Hilantronics RCEKS-4G kill switch but I cannot get it to work properly on my ko-Propo EX1 transmitter I can get it to turn on and off with the transmitter but it will not cut the engine if I loose signal or turn the transmitter off, it worked fine on the previous owners spektrum radio.

Has anyone come across issues with killswitches and the EX1 or have any ideas on which killswitches do work with the EX1?

Thanks Ben

TBH me and people I know have been though nothing but issues with killswitches. Its only a matter of when and where and what the issue is going to be. The logical thing to do would be to get hold of the killswitch maker and hear if they have a problem with the Ko Propo.

Alternatively tie a rubber band to the other side of your gas servo and tie the other end of the rubber band to something in a straight line away from the servo so it pulls in the other direction of the gas. It doesn't require a lot of force. A lot less then you think. The vibration of the vehicle is enough to nudge it off the gas if you don't pull the trigger. You can also put it on the break, same idea. Almost fool proof killswitch for the cost of a rubber band or two. Whats not to like.

Last edited:
Well it appears that there is no kill switches compatible with the Ko Propo ex1 kiy, but I did have go out of range with the failsafe set an it stopped dead an engine running at idle, I am able to switch the engine off with my he controller and it will turn off if the rx power stops. So that should be all I need

Ko Propo user myself. Their poop is the shizznizz. My rubber band suggestion is from another Ko Propo user and just meant as a final last resort. All the cool kids do it now.

I have been using Ko Propo the last 10 years love them and not had any issues, I little harder to get rx’s At a reasonable price now though which sucks.

As for the rubber band tip I do use them on the 1/8th scale cars I run so wouldn’t hurt to chuck one on the 5t too

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks