Kraken Vecta.5 or no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crucialRC

Sir Lancelot 🛡
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Ok, first off let me say I love the Kraken Vecta.5 look and size. BUT, what is good about it? I really, really, really want to buy one, but can't find anything good about the truck other than the looks of it. It's also intriguing that it has a solid rear axle since I'm use to IRS. Every video I have watched of it shows them upgrading it out the box. Every video I watch of it shows it nose diving after every jump and kart wheeling after the nose dive every other time it jumps. I can't see buying a vehicle that can't jump. You also have to get a 32cc minimum to get it to move. One thing I have noticed is that it stays planted around corners. I really want to get one, so I figured I would ask people on here who might have one and inform me why I should(other than the fact that it looks so good).

They are amazing but they are heavy rigs. If your going to get one get the truck considering they upgraded that one from the door mostly. I love my vekta but diffantly needs upgrading. Here are a few things i ran into and i don't even have 10 runs on mine. Trans bearing assembly, shock lower caps need to be locktite or or wraped with something, get irp rear trailing arms. Stock ones stretch quickly. I upgraded all my bearing with fast eddy bearing and one run later front diff bearings trashed and missed up the front diff housing and gears not happy with that one. But over all it is a slammimg rig but prepare to get wrenching and thats my experience with it.

They are amazing but they are heavy rigs. If your going to get one get the truck considering they upgraded that one from the door mostly. I love my vekta but diffantly needs upgrading. Here are a few things i ran into and i don't even have 10 runs on mine. Trans bearing assembly, shock lower caps need to be locktite or or wraped with something, get irp rear trailing arms. Stock ones stretch quickly. I upgraded all my bearing with fast eddy bearing and one run later front diff bearings trashed and missed up the front diff housing and gears not happy with that one. But over all it is a slammimg rig but prepare to get wrenching and thats my experience with it.
Damn. Was yours LSE kit or RTR?

Rtr and kraken servo suck to top that off stripped gears on 6 or 7 run of the steering servo. And highly recommend dual steering servo which i haven't done yet but working on it.

And nose diving off of jumps seems to be the norm with any RTR 5th scale. You can usually get them to fly pretty well with some tweaking of the shock set up

You should have seen my DBXL fly when I first got it.... like a lead brick headed for a smelting pot. Thunk splash and shes gone. I eventually got her to fly more or less straight... put front shocks off a 5ive on. And heavier shock oil in the front shocks sounds dumb but it helps to kick the front end up a bit.. down side is you have to watch high traction turns as it wants to dig and flip. It's just a basher so it doesn't bother me too much. I have lots of hills where I run some of them make great jumps..

Rtr and kraken servo suck to top that off stripped gears on 6 or 7 run of the steering servo. And highly recommend dual steering servo which i haven't done yet but working on it.
Thanks for the feedback. Would you buy it again or go another route?
And nose diving off of jumps seems to be the norm with any RTR 5th scale. You can usually get them to fly pretty well with some tweaking of the shock set up
I guess you may be right but my Rovan was pretty good on jumps out the box tho. Maybe buggies and trucks are different. In videos 5ive T's land pretty good out the box also.

I would buy it again i do love the way it handles after i get everything squared away im sure its going to be a solid rig and its looks bad a@@. And they are very nice to work on.

I do plan on buying kraken lse kit also cause i do want to build a kit from scratch. I love the building part of it. It would be nice if they had the tsco truck in a kit to build cause i would love to pick one up.

I would buy it again i do love the way it handles after i get everything squared away im sure its going to be a solid rig and its looks bad a@@. And they are very nice to work on.
Cool. I'm still on the fence about it. I would get the LSE kit because i love putting these cars together. But the $1200 start and to still have to replace parts that come in the kit along with the necessary evils needed to complete the truck has me a little nervous. I don't know?

Ok, first off let me say I love the Kraken Vecta.5 look and size. BUT, what is good about it? I really, really, really want to buy one, but can't find anything good about the truck other than the looks of it. It's also intriguing that it has a solid rear axle since I'm use to IRS. Every video I have watched of it shows them upgrading it out the box. Every video I watch of it shows it nose diving after every jump and kart wheeling after the nose dive every other time it jumps. I can't see buying a vehicle that can't jump. You also have to get a 32cc minimum to get it to move. One thing I have noticed is that it stays planted around corners. I really want to get one, so I figured I would ask people on here who might have one and inform me why I should(other than the fact that it looks so good).
K the only thing I know about vektas is that they look sick but from @Bajaripper912 feedback I'd get the lse instead of the rtr.

I've been upgradeing my vekta , and I've worked on allllll kinds of rigs , I've got a associated mgt 460 , it's the best darn thing I've seen , can't believe the thing it's 5 years old and still bashen but back to the vekta , it has got me amazed how it is built to work on , everything is very simple to do but , the money thing is a bit much , but that's why we do this isn't it to build, fix, reconstruct , and reep the rewards of flying around , so we can start over ?? There's not a 5 scale rig out there that is indestructible , figger what u can afford and dive into this really cool hobby , until your practically devorced like me ! I put trubidore tires on my vekta , just to give me some protection , more flying a marshmallow around , and by the way ,,,,, let off the throttle middle of the jump , and the vekta lands perfect Everytime , I jump my rig all day , just let off a little bit , it's not about distance , it's about saveing money and parts ???

@crucialRC id buy the new tsco kraken if i was un the market. It has a few more upgraded/2.0 they fixed a few things. When i was about to buy i nearly bought the vekta 5 lse but decided losi parts are less and more available . If you have the cash great parts are pricey.
The tsco has a 29 cy so there is the first upgrade next chuck the servos.
Thats just my opinion

Diffantly chuck servos mine didnt last long at all. And that cy29 is diffantly going to struggle a bit considering there first rig they were saying nothing smaller then a 32 and they went down to a 29 on a heavy rig.

@crucialRCThe tsco has a 29 cy so there is the first upgrade next chuck the servos.
Thats just my opinion

The 5ive T USED to come with a 29cc...Losi wised up and realized that aint gonna cut it anymore.....Maybe Kraken will add an option for a bigger engine with the tsco too...but that may add a few hundred more on top of an already expensive RTR truck.

Possibly but i think it is better to buy the kit before a RTR if all you will end up doing is replacing parts that come on the RTR with the better kit parts or "upgrade parts." I've learned my lesson with my Rovan. I'm really thinking about the LSE.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks