Kraken Vekta 5 T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William E Burrows Jr

Dear Members,
I had been watching races starting with the Big Dirty from Canada since 2016.
The Vekta 5 T at that time just came out and was very popular at the track.
The last few years watching 5th scale racing the top truck and buggies are Losi 5 T and Losi 5 B.
No Vekta 5 T to be seen.
Simply put the design is to heavy and flawed.
Check out YouTube and watch some races.
It's my opinion the Vekta is a good Basher but thats about it.
It still likes to brake down, but is aways a lot of fun to run.

Last edited:
Dear Members,
I had been watching races starting with the Big Dirty from Canada since 2016.
The Vekta 5 T at that time just came out and was very popular at the track.
The last few years watching 5th scale racing the top truck and buggies are Losi 5 T and Losi 5 B.
No Vekta 5 T to be seen to be seen.
Simply put the design is to heavy and flawed.
Check out YouTube and watch some races.
It's my opinion is I good Basher but thats about it.
Still like to brake down.
1593648677038.png

Vekta is definitely not perfect like most RCs. It could use some continuous improvement but I don't know if I would call the design inheritantly flawed. It's a different type of vehicle and should not be expected to go toe to toe with short course trucks or buggies. Racing against other solid rear axle vehicles like trophy trucks or rock racers would be more fair, problem is they are few and far between in fifth scale (Dragon Hammer would be one). But I appreciate the Vekta as something a little different. It is really heavy, no argument there.

Vekta is definitely not perfect like most RCs. It could use some continuous improvement but I don't know if I would call the design inheritantly flawed. It's a different type of vehicle and should not be expected to go toe to toe with short course trucks or buggies. Racing against other solid rear axle vehicles like trophy trucks or rock racers would be more fair, problem is they are few and far between in fifth scale (Dragon Hammer would be one). But I appreciate the Vekta as something a little different. It is really heavy, no argument there.
I agree with you, but when it first came out Kraken promoted it on short courses.
I love the truck, I have a lot of upgrades like mega gearing and the larger tires.
I would get about 3 runs before something in the transmission would fail.
My last upgrade was the CVD drive shaft. The trucks rear end seems looser taking up binding between the driveshaft and the transmission.
Kraken may have solved this problem, My last 8 runs were problem free without any issue related to the transmission. IMG_0581.JPGwas well worth it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks