Kraken Vekta 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William E Burrows Jr

Dear Members,
I run a Losi 5ive-T and a Kraken Vekta5.
Comparing the two, I am very disappointed in the Vekta5.
I had experienced lots of rollovers with both trucks but the Losi holds up must better with a much better response overall then my Vekta5.
Just this pass weekend I rolled the Vekta at a low speed and both rear shocks popped off their posts and the plastic part attached to the long rod connecting the transmission to the rear diff. broke off. What upsets me is that Kraken knows all the problems and sells very expensive upgrades on parts that should be standard with a $1800.00 Buggy.
Just my experience.
P.S. I decided to sell my Vekta 5 on eBay before I invest anymore money.
I hate to give up but I am looking at another $700.00 plus in upgrades Just went though $440.00 for dual servos, brakes and tires.
I will change the wheels and pull start back to stock and sell it with all the extra tires, new body panel kit and spare parts.
I will keep the Turtle V2 pull start and Wheels pictured.
My Losi 5ive -T pictured is a street machine so a need a basher, seriously looking at the Losi 2.0 once I dump my Vekta.

SECOND CHANCE - I just got talked into keeping my Vekta 5 and spending more money (DON'T ASK). I am adding some modest upgrades that should solve some of my problems.
Here we go again, KV120 Turtle Racing Steering link $29.99 on sale, KV2264 rear shock stop (8mm stud) $24.99, KV2263 front shock stop (8mm stud) $24.99 and a special 8.1mm drill bit $6.16. The holes in the side plates and front shock tower must be enlarged to 8.1mm to accommodate the stops.

Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

IMG_0477.jpgIMG_0560.jpg
IMG_0477.jpgIMG_0560.jpg

Last edited:
As nice looking as the vek maybe:love: imo it's failure .:poop:...i know 99% of rc's need a few bits out the box (y)but this things seems ridiculous for the price they screw u for :eek:then u have to spend an ABSOLUTE fortune jus to make it run right :rolleyes: then u may get 5 mins..half a tank out of it before it goes again...:rolleyes:..so glad i never got one.:)...not that i ever was going to mind u...(y).....good luck with it dude (y)

Last edited:
Damn. Sorry to hear about all the issues you have to witness first hand. I bought mine second hand with a Zen 32 and saved some money doing so. I hope I don't have the same problems, but with the money saved, I put that money toward upgrades. All is correct with saying that Kraken should be ashamed of themselves with releasing something with so many issues. I know that this is the 1st of its kind, and with that comes issues, but they may scare others away as they release a different models.

Dear Members,
If you think about it, this hobby is about taking a beautiful truck out of the box, adding a few upgrades and taking a picture for prosperity.
Then taking it to the track and basically destroying it.
Then repairing it and buying broken parts and excepting it will never look the same.
But thats OK thats what the hobby is all about so be prepared to spend money.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Attachments

• DSCN1623.jpg
    DSCN1623.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 20
Motor, servos double steering setup, trans bearing, front cnc trans housing, vertigo top mount and clutch shaft, team fast eddy bearings twice, js performance shock mount caps, irp steering and servo arm, irp rear trailing arm, full force trailing arm mount, all new servos. Tr steering and the list continues just tired of typing already lol

Yes it does and i just recieved 400. 00 in upgrades today in the mail from ddm today cause shes been broken for a month. Not even bashing hard just straight runs and it breaks something:poop:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks