kraken vekta.5tt under $500 Good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striikar

Needs aTherapist 👨‍⚕️
Build Thread Contributor
So there is kraken vekta.5TT - literally new for sale for $480 + Shipping.
Stock barely run, looks brand new with : CY29cc /DDM 7000mha battery/charger and remote.
I've seen many things written but mostly negative. Regarding parts breakage and design issues. Also expensive to fix.
So what's the scoop on it these days
Is it worth buying to keep or flipping?
I don't have truck ..or space to really keep but it could be made to fit in*. ?
I was looking at Losi 5T v2 if I ever decided on a truck and could pull it off. ....
But...
I'm really looking for affordable/cheap car to possibly race.
Thanks

Not a vekta fan here. They are heavy and have a few serious bearing issues. Horizon has a 15% off right now on the losi 5ive t 2.0 making it $1189 shipped. Save your money for that.

That's pretty cheap for sure, may be worth getting to flip. May beable to make 400 or so pending how much he wants for shipping

I have a Vetka5, There's not much aftermarket support & it is harder to work on then it needs to be but have been pretty happy with it over the last 3 years. I do not bash it, I only race it on the track against another Vetka5. It is holding up pretty well but because it is so heavy it dose stand up to a Losi 5T in durability or handling. The Losi 5T is built like a tank, handles like a race truck, & easy to work on with lots of aftermarket support but $480 is a really great deal on a Vetka. If you are going to be racing on a track against other Vetka's I would say get it but if you want to bash or keep up with other Lost 5T's get a Losi.

Where is William? Go look at some of his threads.... his truck has been a nightmare and a half. If you want a rock solid truck get the 5ive t. The vekta doesn't seem to like bashing all that much.

At that price I would pull the trigger without second thought. It has its issues but a shed build truck is always going to have issues. The vekta is to RC what those wonderful shed build English sports cars from the 60-70's are to full scale sports racing. Quirky but impossible not to love. As long as you know what you are getting into.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks