Kraton 8s thermal cut off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Needbout350

Hey all I just set up a new Kraton 8s exb with max5 esc and hobbystar 980kv geared 29/39 and the esc keeps hitting thermal cut off. It’s set to 125c/257f and when I check the temperature the esc has never been hotter than 120f and the motor is about160f. I went through the entire car all drive train no issues found. I tried a dozen mesh settings for the pinion and spur. I tried bigger and smaller pinions and still no change every run ends with thermal cut off. Driving mostly on pavement and out side temp has been 65-85 when testing and driving with mixed throttle. I’m using EC5 connectors with 8000mah batteries. GPS shows top speed of about 55mph.

A buddy of mine has the exact same setup with 32/39 gears and has no issues. His motor is cool and his esc is cool. What am I doing wrong?

Even with a 980kv gearing is way to high specially with a 39 spur.

When I ran the HS 980kv I was running stock spur with 29 pinion I was hitting thermal after 10 min in 80f weather.

Also try asking on the arrmaforums

Even with a 980kv gearing is way to high specially with a 39 spur.

When I ran the HS 980kv I was running stock spur with 29 pinion I was hitting thermal after 10 min in 80f weather.

Also try asking on the arrmaforums
Thanks I checked with arrma forum too and I think we figured it out. I’m only running the bec on 6v and my buddy is on 7.4v only difference between the two cars. My fan is a lot slower than his and just isn’t cooling as much.

I did some bashing with less wot passes and had no issues. I’ll just have to upgrade my receiver to handle 7.4v and that should do it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks