Kyosho Half 8 Brushless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottaclone

I was lucky enough to get one for a early Father's day present. I have never
had an electric anything R/C. :glare:
I am hoping this will be my waiting for part's beater...anyone run one? If so
what are they like and what are some good tip's.

I had the nitro version. get some 3racing wheels and tires. the stock rims crack really easy all over. a great place for goodies is thetoyz.com RJ is great to deal with.

the gpm knuckles are a joke though. I bought the alloy ones and they don't work with the stock king pins, they don't include the pins you need so I had to make my own to install them.

other than the stock rims being crap, it was an amazing buggy. smoked my 18b in handling by far... my bud has the electric with a brushless setup and it is the fastest rc he owns!. he has 45 lol. that little sucker screams.

I dropped in my Xcerleron and it goes quite well..I do have a
problem using 1/10 wheels the outer cup is to short and will not
allow the nut to tighten the wheel on.

Maybe your buddy could lend some help on that problem. I also
have the Mamba Max ESC and a unknown size motor...but it
faster on the Xceleron set-up.

It is a very well built mini ... 100 times better then the Losi Mini.
Which I have also.

mines had quite a bit of abuse thrown at it ..it has quite a few upgrades..lets see cf chassis and top plate delrin gears in the tranny..well sort of a tranny, ti outdrives, the diffs are also upgraded..a definate must if your gonna run alot of power through it..i think the nitro version diffs work and are alot tougher..i think you can also find ball diffs out there..i,m running a bishop power products wraith mtr..its about 7000kv and for esc i,m useing a mamba micro pro..kyosho rims seem to like to explode..lol so i have been running 3racing ones..hmm i,m pretty sure i was able to throw on a set of 1/10 rims and tires..the ones i used had a 6mm offset..that may help your wheel issue'..mine on 3s with this mtr will wheely at any speed if i punch it and i,m sure its hitting 60 mph:party-time:
its a great performer when beefed up a bit..basically a scaled down 1/8 buggy..cant remember which one they scaled down

Last edited:
Thank's for the help Vonclod...I have 10mm and wheel extenders. That seem's
to be the problem I am looking into 3mm and regular adapters. MIne also
has quite a few aftermarket part's. These little wheel's seem to be alright for now. I am running it on nimh battery so it's not fast at all...it more for my kid's. With away to still drive it while I wait for these MCD part's.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks