Largescale "Workshop" Invitation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1970

Hi Guys, an idea has been put forward to offer the chance for people to be invited to Notts & Derby off road club to take part in a "largescale workshop". The day could consist of manufacturers team drivers assisting with set ups and repairs to your cars, advice on hop ups and improvements followed by some racing for those interested. There is a cafe & loos on site and subject to checking a few things, some car and parts suppliers.

The cost for this would be £5 for the day

Let us know if you're interested. The club site is here

http://ndor.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=335

Cheers, Mike

I think this will be a brilliant day!
I will be there - not to drive but to help and assist run the day :D

Please post if you'd be interested in attending so we can get organising :)

We'd have to find a date when the club doesn't have a meeting and when there are no largescale nationals on. Like I say, it's just an idea and subject to interest. Due to the fact it's not a money making thing (the £5 goes to the club as it would if you just turned up for a bash) then it's not an problem if we get 5 or 50 people turning up.

Mike

Ok Guys, The provisional is the 14th of August 2011. People penciled in to help you out and give advice are Current British & European champion largesclae off road driver and top class engine tuner Ian Oddie, CML Distribution FTX Team driver Steve Haynes, MCD expert national driver Dave Smith along with team drivers from H.A.R.M, FG and Contrast. There will also be some BRCA officials there to answer any questions you might have.

Ok Guys, The provisional is the 14th of August 2011. People penciled in to help you out and give advice are Current British & European champion largesclae off road driver and top class engine tuner Ian Oddie, CML Distribution FTX Team driver Steve Haynes, MCD expert national driver Dave Smith along with team drivers from H.A.R.M, FG and Contrast. There will also be some BRCA officials there to answer any questions you might have.

Im on holiday then :(

yeah that should be ok for me :D

sunday 14th good for me

well thats mike, oddball, pacman myself and rover....

come on guys this could be a really good and helpfull day, you'd be gettin tips and advice on set up and hop ups off some of the uk's top drivers that will make cars better instead of just blingin them up, plus the run time on the track and to meet up with some of the guys off here that we wouldn't be able to meet ;)

well thats mike, oddball, pacman myself and rover....

come on guys this could be a really good and helpfull day, you'd be gettin tips and advice on set up and hop ups off some of the uk's top drivers that will make cars better instead of just blingin them up, plus the run time on the track and to meet up with some of the guys off here that we wouldn't be able to meet ;)

sounds good to me if someone can pm me more info on the hole thing i will rally up my club members and take the drive down so nyb could be there too

rich
www.northyorkshirebashers.co.uk

Nice one Rich thats great to hear mate, I'll get Mike to firm the date up, then we can sort the rest of it out, look forward to meeting the NYB crew :w00t:

Hi Guys, details below:

'Largescale Offroad Workshop'

Date: Saturday 13th August 2011

Location: Notts and Derby Offroad Track .. NDOR.. www.ndor.co.uk

Cost: £5.00 per driver (this is the clubs standard fee for a practice session)
Food : Cafe on site.

Aim of the Day: To have fun!!! out on the track with your mates, gain advice on driving and car setup to improve those times and enjoy yourselves.

People penciled in to help you out and give advice are Current British & European champion largescale off road driver and top class engine tuner Ian Oddie, CML Distribution FTX Team driver Steve Haynes, MCD expert national driver Dave Smith along with team drivers from H.A.R.M, FG and Contrast. There will also be some BRCA officials there to answer any questions you might have.

See you there :)

Last edited:
Good to hear the NTB guys are keen to come :)

People confirmed to attend to offer free help and advice are....
Ian Oddie, Steve Haynes, Matt Juffs, Mike Humphreys and team drivers from contrast, HARM, FG along with some BRCA officials to help with club info.
We're also in contact with Ripmax, HPI Europe and CML.

This will be a belting day if plenty show up.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT FOR THIS EVENT YOU ONLY PAY £5 TO THE CLUB. THESE PEOPLE ARE TURNING UP AT THEIR OWN COST TO OFFER HELP AND ADVICE.

For those HPI Baja type cars, we've managed to get hold of probably the most knowledgable guy and a great driver of Baja type cars in the UK racing scene, Karl Norris.

He'll be there along with the others, to offer advice on how to get the best out of your car.

Things are looking good for this even as more and more people express an interest.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, we're getting to the time where we're looking to see how many people we might get coming along to this event. Needless to say there are a lot of peole putting time and travelling costs into making it happen for something that could be of benefit to you.

Please could you put your name down then copy & paste the list with the additional names.

Many thanks, Mike

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks