Layshaft Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudeboy

Hey folks, small problem i need help with.. the gear on the layshaft that connects to the diff (canna remember the name of it) keeps loosening off and falling off when i'm out, i'm using loctite blue on the grub screws but still it keeps happening any tips or pointers as to why this is or anyway to stop this from happening,, hope you's can help cause it's getting annoying...:helpsmilie:

thanks for reading,

Rudi..

Hey folks, small problem i need help with.. the gear on the layshaft that connects to the diff (canna remember the name of it) keeps loosening off and falling off when i'm out, i'm using loctite blue on the grub screws but still it keeps happening any tips or pointers as to why this is or anyway to stop this from happening,, hope you's can help cause it's getting annoying...:helpsmilie:

thanks for reading,

Rudi..

Try red loctite! Also make sure your grub screws are filed flat for a good contact to the shaft.

are you letting it dry for 24 hrs first? if you don't let the locktight sit for 24 hrs or so first, the locktite wont dry up and hold the screw in place.
Red is alot stronger. if you use the Red, be aware you may need to heat the screw with a soldering iron to get it out later.
T

any easy way to get to that gear to reinstall ....I am having the same issue......My first attempt..
Thanks John

Sorry, no. Easiest way is to disassemble the roll cage, remove the motor mount screws, center support plate, remove the screw from the throttle brake servo and then pull the motor out from top.(From what I can remember)

Red is all I could get to work also. File them down till the center hole is completely gone.:)

Once they have loosened the ends round so don't forget to file the grub flat until the hole in the center disappears, this will allow it to set flat against the shaft. Use red locktight and let dry overnight.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks