LED drop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minnesota RC

So, I have four LEDS that when lit up individually are bright, but when I connect them in series (4 positive to one, and same for negitive), the bright LEDs are dim. Should I increase the gauge of the wire from the four LEDS to the battery?

Battery: 7200 mA 7.4V

LED: 4X 5mm LED, the wire looks to be 22 or 26 gauge.

Thanks.

Would you think I'd need a larger gauge wire between the four LEDs and the battery? I bought separate LEDS and used the mount that killer RC has because the original ones were damaged by a hit and run. The other one from Killer RC is bright as can be, but the one with four individual LEDS are dim. One with only two wires and four LEDS - Bright; one with four individual LEDS - dim.

This is showing the LEDS on, the right is the Killer RC the left is my custom made one.
20200304_064730.jpg
This one shows the custom LED going to a "Y" connector, which led me to a different path.
20200304_064713.jpg
When I disconnected the Y and connected the custom to the battery, I get this:20200304_065126.jpg
That is just as bright now. I am going to wire it to the controller to see if its still bright. The reason for the Y connector is because I have a few lights on the top as well, but if the Y is what is causing the dimming, I'm going to hard wire a path and not use the Y connector for the other set of lights.

SOLVED (y): one of the prongs on the Killer light controller where the light was connected is broken internally or worn down. I found it by accident by plugging in the light to the one I thought was the correct one, but it was a different one and the LEDS were bright. Fortunatly, I ordered a new killer controller from DDM that was to be used for the Losi but will use the one from Baja for the losi because I don't have tail lights for that one?.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks