Let's build 'Crazy Train'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig G.

It's time to build a Baja from the ground up. I always thought the King Motor extended chassis was really cool and that it would make an insane buggy. I can't stop thinking about this front end jumping all over the place and losing it's mind while throwing a psycho roost.
I have had a lot of fun with my first 2 Bajas and absolutely cannot get enough of the 2wd platform. My first one was a scratch and dent Rovan I call 'Icepick.' Your basic 27cc buggy that came ready to rip. Fair enough. My second is a King motor roller that I put a Zenoah 320 in that I call 'Trigger Happy.' This car actually took a lot of work to get going but is totally solid now and I'm very happy with it.
I feel like I have explored the Rovan/King Motor gear pretty thoroughly and I want to know more about this killer top shelf Detroit Performance gear and other companies that I see guys running.
What I want to do here on the forum is get input the whole time for a killer build. I want to go slow and explore each step in depth so I understand everything. I'll put up a couple pictures of Icepick and Trigger Happy and then the extended Chassis for what will be 'Crazy Train.' So where would you all start looking at a bare chassis? My first question is has anyone ever powder coated one of these chassis?

Attachments

• crazy train 001.JPG
    crazy train 001.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 33
  • crazy train 004.JPG
    crazy train 004.JPG
    396.6 KB · Views: 33
  • crazy train 002.JPG
    crazy train 002.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 32
Sup Craig! Im sure you could powder coat it no problem. This is gonna be nice. 🤔Not sure I've ever seen someone build one of the extended chassis before so sitting back and following this one. Gotta pick your color scheme before you buy anything. That will dictate the build. What powerplant you going with on this?

Sup Craig! Im sure you could powder coat it no problem. This is gonna be nice. 🤔Not sure I've ever seen someone build one of the extended chassis before so sitting back and following this one. Gotta pick your color scheme before you buy anything. That will dictate the build. What powerplant you going with on this?
That' great Lance, I think I want to hit the chassis with bright lime green as well as some other parts. I also want purple in there too! On the dunes I'm pretty sure I was wanting some more power. I think a reed case 34cc would be great out there!
If you gonna be dune racing a closed clutch ie tr v2 complete is a good start👍🏻 , but I know your no stranger to the dunes👍🏻
Thanks Doug, I will take a look at that gear and start making some orders! Do we send out our small metal parts to be anodized to get them colored the way we want?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks