lightweight wheels and tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charleshodge

Anyone know a good combo for a 5t general backyard grass and street driving? Running a castle brush less setup so lightening it up as much as possible.gonna get the Dakar body so it can been mounted without cage which should save me at least 2 pounds and then if I could shave 2-3 pounds on these stock heavy wheels/tires I might actually male it to a castle warranty weight of 30lbs for a 4wd.don't care about crazy run time so 2 5500mah 4s is good for me.also run single savox 0236 on steering and a standard size for much brakes.should be no reason I can't have a perfect running 30lb setup that is reliable.heard silverback wheels are light and good but just read some reviews where they were cracked on 3 out ta 4 rims withing 30 mins as well as their friends set.kinda discouraged now.any help is appreciated thanks in advance.

I have Silverback 5imian wheels with Blockades (631g each, 50% tread left), I got used on my losi 5t when I bought it, driven about 6 tanks since and haven't cracked or broken any. They have the best internal bracing of any 5th scale rims I have. On the asphalt the blockades wont hold up long,they are fairlt soft compound. Wheels hold up good as I drive hard with jumps and hard crashes, including the wheel getting stuck in a crash into a fence once. [ame]http://youtu.be/Vs4UtglJ_Ko[/ame]

Im currently using 5t rear Outlaws with Rear Trenchers (660g, 90% tread), weigh more but more durable on asphalt and gravel.

By far the lightest I have is a set of cheap Rovan Desert Buster tires on Rovan Desperado type rims that are much lighter (500g rear 40%, 488g front 50%), that I run on a 5th scale savage flux that ive had for many years.

Hope that helps. More questions just ask.

Last edited:
Thanks,just trying to lighten where it counts.found out running MCD w5 wheels/tires will save me 2 lbs,might wanna try that route.don't think there any glued wheels that'll take brush less 5t abuse.

Thanks,just trying to lighten where it counts.found out running MCD w5 wheels/tires will save me 2 lbs,might wanna try that route.don't think there any glued wheels that'll take brush less 5t abuse.

Glued wheels should take brushless if done right and car set up right
And most importantly the driver has to be right and not trying to impress the people watching and not letting off the throttle

I'm gonna be doing donuts spinning tires,in grass at least so probably wouldn't be great idea for me.but thanks for the info.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks