LiquidPiston motor , anybody seen these ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I'm familiar with rotory engines. The biggest engine they produced from the factory was a 3 rotor 20b that was found in a cosmo that was only in japan and if you want anything larger than a 20b you have to have someone machine a crankshaft for your engine build. Yes there are 4 rotor engines out there and their expensive as hell and only 1 formula drift team has a few and thats mad Mike whiddett and he's in dougs territory

Yes I'm familiar with rotory engines. The biggest engine they produced from the factory was a 3 rotor 20b that was found in a cosmo that was only in japan and if you want anything larger than a 20b you have to have someone machine a crankshaft for your engine build. Yes there are 4 rotor engines out there and their expensive as hell and only 1 formula drift team has a few and thats mad Mike whiddett and he's in dougs territory
My buddy used to run a 3 rotor , monster motor sounded MEAN , I just find this new design interesting , like they say an Inside out Wankel

A wankle make 3 combustion cycles for every revolution. Feks sake do you look anything up before you spout off about it? It's a reinvented engine. Nothing new or special, they took someone else's design. Modified it. And over complicated the intake and exhaust process. I'll believe how great it in when ford and chevy start using them.

Rx8 and no. I co own this thing. It's just sitting in a storage bin. I want her to sell it to me but she thinks it's worth the 4k she (we) paid for it 6 years ago. It needs gone. Or at least brought up to me so I can fix the oil line and beet the snot out of it.

Attachments

• 20160207_122404.jpg
    20160207_122404.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 6
That's just a slight variation of the old Mazda "RX" Wankel / Rotary engine that's been around since the mid 1970's . Not the best design as far as powder and economy. There's also a new "hybrid" Mazda Rotary design coming soon so i've read.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks