little back frive cog under engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul

hi does anyone have problems with the small gear cog wich works with the big back cog at the back cos myn keeps wearing out but it doesent seem to sit properly in the teeth of the large cog please help me getting stressed with it now done so much to it aswell ive allready changed the cog ones now its wearing again please any help apprecieated il post some pics soon if i can

Right,jackobyte had the same problem with his MT.His was melting the spur gear(large). We found that the brake pad on the layshaft had disintergrated and was causing a build up of friction on the shaft thus throwing heat through the layshaft to the spur and over heating it. He has a steel pinion(small) gear so this was not affected.
If you take either one of your gears off you should be able to spin the pinion shaft (clutch bell) and the layshaft freely without any binding.If not and you are using a plastic composite gear carrier(standard on most FG's)there might have been excesive heat build to distort the carrier and make the bearing seats 'sloppy' resulting in play.If so a new carrier and bearings are in order.
Another is you don't have the correct 'mesh' on the gears.If you are a tooth out then you will have this problem and wont be able to cure it until the teeth add up. An MT has a 16T pinion and a 48T spur.
Good luck.
J.

here is the pic

all metal gears its the monster beetle pro no plastic cogs for it to melt

Attachments

• hhhh.JPG
    hhhh.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 21
my monster beetle pro

my second cog on the pis with arrow on it is the one that keeps wiering away its really getting me mad

Attachments

• SH102917.jpg
    SH102917.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 19
  • SH102915.jpg
    SH102915.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 17
  • SH102925.jpg
    SH102925.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 18
it looks like the big cog could off sliped backwards a bit and the teeth aint joining the little cogs teeth properly its all lined up thought cos ther is 2 screws that line up witht he flat piece of main pin wos cog goes on

wot u lads mean mesh

Ah,got ya now! You mean the layshaft gear and the diff gear:huh:.When someone says 'mesh' it means the way the teeth go together.If your engine is pulled too far backthe space betwee n the layshaft gear and the diff gear will become(as Super said )too tight! What you need to do now is move the engine forward a little.To do this slacken the four engine screws off and pull the motor forwards.If you get a business card and jam it beween the layshaft gear and the diff gear and push the motor towards the back of the car this will in turn serate the card and give you the proper'mesh'tighten the four screws back up and remove the card! should be ok.
To stop the engine moving in the future I have taken the engine out and put double sided tape onto the bottom of the engine mounts to stop the motor from sliding under knocks and rolls.
good luck.
J.

engine

ther is 4 holes for the screws at the bottom for engine but if i move my engine forward or backwards then the screws wont go in will ther take a look at my new pics on my new thread i just taken it apart just then to get good pics of the teeth take a look thanks for the help aswell much appreciated

Attachments

• 15072009005.jpg
    15072009005.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 22
hi paul. its an easy fix. losen up the motor mounts and slide the motor back till it meshes proberly. the "layshaft gear" is what is attached to the motor and the larger "ring gear" is attached to the diff. the motr mounts on the chassis have just a slight bit of play in them and couse the lay shaft gear to slide out. those need to be checked often as its common with plastic motor mounts. alloy motor mount will fix that problem

ok ive done it done m8 thanks ill test it in the morning see how it goes is it possible to pull it back to much will this do out to my clutch or out ive pulled it back as much as i can cogs are perfect fit in teeth perfect now cogs whent stuf when i pulled it back to much thought ill see how it goes

Hi paul, how long has this gear lasted. I just put a new set on my mutilator and it was slightly out of line and wore alittle straight away but I've got it lined up better now it seems ok.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks