Loctite stick vs liquid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
So for as many years as I can remember I have always used liquid loctite on all my RC needs. Started using Loctite sticks and love the mess free precision approach. About to redo some steering linkage and wonder if the liquid "holds" better then the stick when dried or visa versa. Anyone ever really compare the two strength wise?

I had the blue liquid loctite hold a little too well on my 5t steering linkages up on the servo saver and stripped out the allen side of the screw... ive used both and I agree with the less mess stick. And honestly after that I've never put loctite back on my steering assembly

I had the blue liquid loctite hold a little too well on my 5t steering linkages up on the servo saver and stripped out the allen side of the screw... ive used both and I agree with the less mess stick. And honestly after that I've never put loctite back on my steering assembly
Agreed...usually never a fan of putting thread lock on steering as there is always a need to service things...however....this Raminator seems to vibrate and shake everything loose. Have had my steering loosen up a couple times already at the links. So I figure with my new set up...gonna at least throw down some blue Loctite.

When I remove my engine adjustment "pills" from the 5t i get nervous about stripping the heads and having to notch them. How about purple loctite. It looks like it's right up our alley with the size screws and hand tool removable ?‍♂️ Screenshot_20210112-000825_Chrome.jpg

When I remove my engine adjustment "pills" from the 5t i get nervous about stripping the heads and having to notch them. How about purple loctite. It looks like it's right up our alley with the size screws and hand tool removable ?‍♂️ View attachment 68223
Intresting find...might be worth a try!
Get yourself something like this.

View attachment 68224
Have a smaller version of one! Great tool. Hit it on the loctited item for a few seconds and easily breaks free. I also picked up a heat gun (recommended by some members here) great tool to help get stuff out.

We messed with the stick version at the machine shop for a bit, then went back to the liquid version, then found a gel version, then went back to the liquid. I didnt Monday the gel version, but it was rather expensive for the amount you paid for. The purple is pretty weak, but worth a try. I haven't had issue with the blue, and heat of necessary to get them out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks