Looking at Picking Up a Losi 5B

Thread starter #1

Gamefan

I am looking at picking up a Losi 5B. It seems to be the best overall entry kit into 5th scale with some nice standard items included.

Is there anything I need to know or should buy right off the bat? I know a kill switch is a must, and I read that I would need to use the stock fan cover and clutch. Do these come with the kit?

Thank you!
GAMEFAN

evssv

I am looking at picking up a Losi 5B. It seems to be the best overall entry kit into 5th scale with some nice standard items included.

Is there anything I need to know or should buy right off the bat? I know a kill switch is a must, and I read that I would need to use the stock fan cover and clutch. Do these come with the kit?

Thank you!
GAMEFAN
no I doubt the cover will come with the kit...that will b on the engine so make sure u get the correct cover...;)...not sure on the clutch housing tbh...:confused:

Thread starter #4

Gamefan

Since I will be going through DDM for the engine, I will just ask to see if I can purchase the engine without the cover and buy the correct part.

Thank you!

Phill2

Since I will be going through DDM for the engine, I will just ask to see if I can purchase the engine without the cover and buy the correct part.

Thank you!
Depends on the motor you use
CY and HY will bolt straight up
Zenoah will need the CY cover

Thread starter #6

Gamefan

As far as engines go, is Zenoah considered to be reliable and easy to maintain? Is there one engine that is better than another?

Thank you,

Phill2

As far as engines go, is Zenoah considered to be reliable and easy to maintain? Is there one engine that is better than another?

Thank you,
I swear by Zenoah.
After nothing but problems with the stock CY engine I now run a G290C in my DR and can't fault it.
Been using it for 2+ yrs now.

Last edited:

Phill2

Looks perfect to me.
Plenty of power and still reliable.
You need the Losi version ($5 extra).
It comes with the 1107 so all you need is a decent pipe and your old engine cover.

Phill2