Looking at Picking Up a Losi 5B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamefan

I am looking at picking up a Losi 5B. It seems to be the best overall entry kit into 5th scale with some nice standard items included.

Is there anything I need to know or should buy right off the bat? I know a kill switch is a must, and I read that I would need to use the stock fan cover and clutch. Do these come with the kit?

Thank you!
GAMEFAN

I am looking at picking up a Losi 5B. It seems to be the best overall entry kit into 5th scale with some nice standard items included.

Is there anything I need to know or should buy right off the bat? I know a kill switch is a must, and I read that I would need to use the stock fan cover and clutch. Do these come with the kit?

Thank you!
GAMEFAN
no I doubt the cover will come with the kit...that will b on the engine so make sure u get the correct cover...;)...not sure on the clutch housing tbh...:confused:

Since I will be going through DDM for the engine, I will just ask to see if I can purchase the engine without the cover and buy the correct part.

Thank you!

As far as engines go, is Zenoah considered to be reliable and easy to maintain? Is there one engine that is better than another?

Thank you,

As far as engines go, is Zenoah considered to be reliable and easy to maintain? Is there one engine that is better than another?

Thank you,

I swear by Zenoah.
After nothing but problems with the stock CY engine I now run a G290C in my DR and can't fault it.
Been using it for 2+ yrs now.

Last edited:
Looks perfect to me.
Plenty of power and still reliable.
You need the Losi version ($5 extra).
It comes with the 1107 so all you need is a decent pipe and your old engine cover.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks