looking for other buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helimad2

having got an fg baja in normal ie two wheel drive what would you peeps on here think would be a good next move , use would be for mainly bashing around some juming etc are the fg monster truck say as stable due to the hight of them what are the mcd s like compared to what i have , any thoughts would be welcome also how do the hpi trucks compare
just thinking for now but giving it some thought
:)

I wouldnt look at a MCD for jumping, ive never owned one but I believe they are better suited to flat track racing, handling is second to nothing else.

If its hard bashing and jumping you want the MT is a good chouce but will need a couple of upgrades to make reliable. I have a RWD FG MT and a 4WD FG Baja.

2 things I would consider a absolute must is alloy engine mounts, to stop the engine moving and stuffing the mesh with larshaft gear and diff and upper alloy rear swing arms as they flaw and chip teeth of the spur gear. There prolly under $150 for the arms and mounts and it should be close to bulletproof.

Some people may say the MT needs alloy upgrights but my MT has seen 35 tanks and ive never had trouble with my still original plastic uprights.

having got an fg baja in normal ie two wheel drive what would you peeps on here think would be a good next move , use would be for mainly bashing around some juming etc are the fg monster truck say as stable due to the hight of them what are the mcd s like compared to what i have , any thoughts would be welcome also how do the hpi trucks compare
just thinking for now but giving it some thought
:)

I've got a leopard for grabs.
J.

The FG monsters are awesome bashers....but as Sperera mentioned they have a few plastic part reliability issues....once sorted they are tough as fook.....they could also benefit from an LSD ...

The HPI baja's are very good jumpers...the driveline is damn near bulletproof.....but also have a couple of strength issues around the engine...since the engine is used as a stressed member..(part of the chassis) big jumping will break off 2 bolt holes on the fan cover and the case.....but that is only if you are like me and try to give it flying lessons...

The Rampage mt's are a really nice rig too...but no doubt would have teething problems like the rest of them.....every brand has issues but only minor ones...

The Rampage MT is going to be my next largescale.....

The HPI trucks look like they can take a beating if the wheels manage to stay on :helpsmilie: Have a look on youtube at the amount of 5b's & 5t's where a wheel comes of after relatively minor offs. There is a simple fix for this tho I believe and its listed on here somewhere. The 5t's are the dogs bollocks IMO :cool2:

Also worth checking out are the Nutech/FTX's.

Never owned other large scale, but compared with my last RC, my Punisher is pretty rugged.

Parts are cheap for the FTX's too =)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks