Looking to build a motor any recomendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteolheadz100

'm looking to build my first RC motor, I was looking at the king motor 34cc rebuild kit which looks like it includes everything to put it together but just wondering if there's any reviews on this rebuild kit? Also this will be my first time building a motor any tips that you guys can give would be greatly appreciated

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl?c=885035&n=1&it=A&id=12593 I've been running this kit for just over a year and have no hesitation recommending it. It is a pull start killer though!

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl?c=885035&n=1&it=A&id=13197 I built one of these for my main truck this year and only have a few tanks through it so far, it does seem to rev higher but not as explosive on the bottom end. Hoping it holds up like the first one I built, time will tell.
What modification did you have to do to the crankcase it says minor modification must be done on top of this I'm trying to just build a stock engine to run for fun not really a race engine

It seems pretty straight forward the only part that gets me is measuring the squish of the piston, is this something that experience building these engines is needed or is there a better way to tell its correct? I would hate to come to a standstill not knowing if its correct...

Not something I worried about with the kits I bought. ESP has been moding engines for a long time, and I'm sure they have done the necessary engineering to make their kits bolt and go.

I recommend whatever cc you want through ESP. I built a stuffed 30.5 championship port zenoah longblock for around 250. Thing is crazy fast!! Here it is in my 5t listen to it brap brap at 1:50. Very crisp

Last edited:
I built a stuffed 30.5 torque tuned championship ESP for my buddy with the KM X2 and it is nothing compared to my 34cc ESP mills. The stock ported 34 is bonkers on the bottom end, I describe it as explosive off the line and out of corners. Maybe too much for a 2wd. The race ported 34 seems to have a smoother low to mid power band and much higher top end, but I only have a couple tanks through it so far. Very happy with my ESP mod mills, performance/$ seems very good.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks