Looks like hpi is making a comeback!!!??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.hb71

Build Thread Contributor
So, as we know last year hpi was bought by another company (think the 3rd company to buy them) and made big promises of hpi coming back. Throughout 2020 I honestly lost faith (with corona) but it looks like hpi is making some headway finally! As you can see there's a some replacement parts and such for sale for various models and the savage X 4.6 is back in stock (after years)! And some other models. So , hopefully soon we will have the baja and parts come back. Take a look, this is a licensed hpi distributor (you can read on hpi's site)

https://www.hobbyrecreationproducts.com/collections/hpi-racing

https://www.hobbyrecreationproducts.com/products/hpi109083-savage-x-4-6

To tell you the truth I don't think the rovan/km parts are that bad??‍♂️ I finally had a chance to deal with them on my 85 baja build and the fit wasn't bad at all. Of course I used blackbone gears and rcmax/alx drivetrain parts but the rovan/km plastics weren't bad when it came to fitting with the genuine hpi parts that I was able to acquire.

To tell you the truth I don't think the rovan/km parts are that bad??‍♂️ I finally had a chance to deal with them on my 85 baja build and the fit wasn't bad at all. Of course I used blackbone gears and rcmax/alx drivetrain parts but the rovan/km plastics weren't bad when it came to fitting with the genuine hpi parts that I was able to acquire.
It's hit or miss, some are okay, some are poop. Like my top plate was good, but every transmission part by rovan that I've had has been poop. And for other hpi stuff (rs4, savage) parts aren't that easy to come by so those people need hpi back.

Hpi is poop. They are 25036385739/937473893836378393 miles behind the competition. I’ll be excited if they come out with a proper 2wd or 4wd platform built for this century
That platform is also 10 years ond, 4 of which they were going bankrupt. I love hpi, and I'll take it over almost any 1/5 .
Just bring back the rs4 and I'll buy a nitro again
Yeah I want an rs4 ,or an savage.

the only reason why their behind is because they kept changing hands. Hpi still had some decent stuff coming out like the rs4 sport 3 creator kit and the wr8 was good but short lived
The problem I ran into running my super nitros was it being belt driven and any pebble getting into the belts shredded them and i wasn't paying 20+ belt to the people that still had them...and tires also cost upwards of 40 to 80 a set

the only reason why their behind is because they kept changing hands. Hpi still had some decent stuff coming out like the rs4 sport 3 creator kit and the wr8 was good but short lived
The problem I ran into running my super nitros was it being belt driven and any pebble getting into the belts shredded them and i wasn't paying 20+ belt to the people that still had them...and tires also cost upwards of 40 to 80 a set
Interesting. I had a belt driven first gen nitro 4 tec (miss that btw, that's why I want an rs4) and never had a issue with the belts until I put in the overpowered (for the 4 tec) 3.3 and blew the rear belt.

Well before I sold all my super nitros I put a t 3.0 in it. I got bored of the t 15 and wanted more. But due to gearing limitations and power I only managed 55mph out of them. Then my shelf queen had a .21 big block in it with a wolf pack radicals chassis and big block conversion kit

Idiots like Zed is what kept them afloat. The savage was by far one of the best monster truck set ups, but by today's standards is obsolete. Still very tough. The baja is the same thing. Killer in its day, and bla se today. Going bankrupt is a sign of a company that cant manage themselves. Hence the reason I'm not getting hyped up again because they released some parts.

That platform is also 10 years ond, 4 of which they were going bankrupt. I love hpi, and I'll take it over almost any 1/5 .
I get that but if they come back and just make parts for old cars who cares. Plenty of companies have already stepped in to fill the void. I hope they are planning to innovate if they come back

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks