Losi 5ive T 2.0 video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to help break one in this weekend. They are nice. The 32cc has decent power. They come with the TLR buggy air cleaner. The diff is backwards but it functional. The center drive lines no longer have a coupler it uses an out drive at the front and rear diff. The Spur gear is a 62 tooth and pinion is a 20 tooth. The tires are better than the old stock tires but are in no way suitable to racing as they are way too hard. They do not come with a battery. They don't really feel much different to drive. The new body is nice. It still uses the stock losi servos which are ok but not great

I am not sure that all the improvements are for the best but only time will tell. There is no aftermarket support yet so that is a downside but hopefully manufacturers start making new parts and keep making the old parts

From what you've seen...how much is interchangeable with the previous versions..that whole center diff area is a no....but what about everyrhing else in the truck?

The arms and towers look good, the shocks will go, not sure about the diff housing, might be a little different. The motor is mounted in the same location but be careful with the inserts. They are labeled "20" but that is 20T with a 62T spur. The servos are the same. I haven't looked at the steering parts yet as they do mount a little different but not sure if it will swap across. Looks like all the motor parts can be swapped to a different motor of the same class. The buggy airbox is not the best and will possibly allow for an air leak the way it seats and mounts, bottoms out on the brass inserts but the plastic does not always create a seal. the front and rear bones appear to be identical as the older stuff but the center drivelines have an additional outdrive that will likely be a big wear point for these as they add more powerful motors. the lights on the front will easily swap over, the cage is the same mounting points so the new body should fit the old cage. I am sure I am missing stuff. If you want me to check anything specific let me know.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks