losi 5ive t warranty claim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadsavage

"hi"
anyone had issues with either horizon or model shop with warranty issues if not wait till you do it could cost you £££££
have and still got,with more horizon than my supplier modelsport,
clutch housing bolt came loose after less than a tank of fuel
full run in and kill switch fitted damaged clutch/clutch carrier/clutch housing
phoned horizon they would inspect damage if i post the engine back at my expence was discusted at this so phoned modelsport who after 3 day`s sent a courier to pick up and send on to horizon
as horizon say they have never rembursed postage for warranty claim`s
jeff.

I assume you are new to this hobby ?
Things are always going to break or wear out,these cars are nothing but adult toy cars and always have something that needs attention.

The 'golden rule' (of many) is always to check every screw, nut and bolt is tight before running.

Retrospect is great, but true. Bolts working loose is very common, if they're not tight to start with, and even tight ones can work loose after a good 'workout'.

Al.

Its not there job to,make sure screws are tight after you have ran it,thats your job,and should be done no matter what,heat and vibration is gonna make things loosen up,happens on all new R/C's not just yours.

I agree with what has been said here, tightening bolts is down to the end user but you think as this is a new model, the manufacturer might offer some sort of "good will" in cases like this.

yes i agree with you guys, but one would think for $1600us you should atleast get one run before it falls to bits

If a car comes as a kit, you build it and it falls to bits then you've got no come back unless it a manufacturing defect but if it's ready to run.....

How many people have bought a new road car and not been offered a warranty if the wheel falls off in the first week.

It's a tough call I know and it doesn't matter what make the car is, there needs to be some right to reply.

Another reply with 'agreed with all', but is true.
Imagine if you get a Ford Focus, and on a road trip, say Manchester to London, a wheel comes off on the Motorway - who's fault is it?
- Straight out of the dealership, it's instantly the dealer's fault.
- 3 months after purchase, 3,000 miles on it, it's the owner's fault, as the Highway Code clearly 'recommends' that it's the owner / oeprator's responsibility to ensure the general aspects of the vehicle, wheels nuts included are such that it's roadworthy.

Taking it further, 3 years and 15-30,000 miles down the road, if an engine mount bolt comes lose, the engine flexing other mounts to the point that an engine mount actually BREAKS, who's fault is it?
(Ignoring 3 years and MOT's guys ...!)
It should have been serviced at least once per year in the interim, but ....

Agreed straight out of the box and from an established 'quality manufacturer' it should not require fettling. If you check out the Losi sites, you'll see much 'lamenting' for the Losi's of old - 'my old LST never broke that easily' ... etc., so despite comments to the contrary, perhaps Losi still haven't dug themselves out of the self-inflicted hole they'd dug themselves for a while in their corner cutting; doubtless bean-counter inflicted.

Al.

thank`s for the replies guy`s
all are vallid to a point i`ve had rc car`s for over 25years largescale 5 year`s so no not new to the hobby but still learning?
my point is how far is to far,as to a full check of every nut and bolt is excessive in the first hour allready done most check`s before use.
my point is at losi and horizon both very unhelpfull in covering the warranty
modelsport my supplier have done the best they could if a little slow
of all the thing`s to go wrong and most largescale mate`s i bash with have all said is
rare for these bolt`s to come out and i will agree iv`e never had this happen on any of my other largescale even my blackout and that was rubbish (brought from new)
but i will say i love the losi excellent truck,jeff

I had an engine fail in a 1/10 nitro truck. the piston skirt just fell off while idling a break in. it cost me as much to send it in and get repaired as if I woulod have done it myself, and the motor was out for warranty for almost 3 months. never did try to send something back to horizon again

I had an engine fail in a 1/10 nitro truck. the piston skirt just fell off while idling a break in. it cost me as much to send it in and get repaired as if I woulod have done it myself, and the motor was out for warranty for almost 3 months. never did try to send something back to horizon again

I feel for you there mate.

I'd love to be the one that replies 'OK, I only live next door....' and see what they say!!!

Al.

I have always found Horizon UK very unhelpful and to a degree down right rude sometimes.......I have a 5ive and after 2 runs the steering servo gave up......the Horizon rep was at the event and I raised this with him. His reply was 'we expect anyone who can afford this model would switch out the servos anyway'!!!! I was fuming to say the least and I'm still waiting after 3 weeks for a replacement from them!!!

Ya, I spoke direct to Todd Hodges. He was very cool to deal with. and horizon put some crazy value on the box shipping it back to me across the border, so I paid taxes on the warranty fix to boot.

im suprised cause i called horizon;left my phone number and within an hour they called me back. i said throttle servo went bad and a week later i have a new one at my door. didnt have to mail bad one to them either.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks