Losi 5t 2.0 drop in steering servo upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexlosi

Hey guys and gals,

I'm looking to upgrade my steering servo without adding a dual set up. Would anyone point me in the direction of a drop in solution?

I read through some threads and can't seem to find what would be a true drop in without modifying the tray.

Hey guys and gals,

I'm looking to upgrade my steering servo without adding a dual set up. Would anyone point me in the direction of a drop in solution?

I read through some threads and can't seem to find what would be a true drop in without modifying the tray.
Hey guys and gals,

Dropped rite in for me and my 2.0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 53
Most you should have to do is make spacers to raise the mount up to the height of the servo. Depending what you get. Hilantronics gets my vote. Savox would be my second choice.
Ok, I went with the d840WP for throttle/brake and the d845wp for steering.

Not ready to spend 575$ on the 1005 but thank you Portcityrc.

Will the two servos i ordered drop in?

Yes they are standard size, I would have just got 2 845wps, but...if they wine or glitch, send them right back, you don't want a hole in your chassis from them burning down, I've see a few vids and pics of failures. I also would have suggested hilantronics, but again a little pricey but you will get a quality product. Other guys also have good luck with the Savox servos.

Why on earth would you buy that expensive arse hitec? The hilantronics 8000 has 1200 oz in @8.4 volts, 1000 oz in @7.2 volts.
To get that in the hitec you need to jump up to 11.1 volts. Now you need another battery and a bec to run the voltage down to 7.2 or 6 bolts for the rest of your system. Screw that. For half the money you can run dues hilantronics 8000 servos and have twice the of one hitec Industrial servo @7.2 volts.
No.

You need to add spacers on the steering servo to clear the chassis.

For throttle/brake the stock one is more than enough.

For steering this a drop in and low profile and incredibly high torque.

https://www.davesmotors.com/S9120BL-1-5-Digital-Brushless-High-Torque-Metal-Gear-Servo
At least your suggestion doesn't cost $500.00

Last edited:
Yes they are standard size, I would have just got 2 845wps, but...if they wine or glitch, send them right back, you don't want a hole in your chassis from them burning down, I've see a few vids and pics of failures. I also would have suggested hilantronics, but again a little pricey but you will get a quality product. Other guys also have good luck with the Savox servos.
I can switch the order for 2 845wp's if it's a better idea. They can burn down? Damn ok I'll keep an eye on them.
No.

You need to add spacers on the steering servo to clear the chassis.

For throttle/brake the stock one is more than enough.

For steering this a drop in and low profile and incredibly high torque.

https://www.davesmotors.com/S9120BL-1-5-Digital-Brushless-High-Torque-Metal-Gear-Servo
Nvm Im going to get just the single steering servo from spektrum the s9120bl.

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks